Making the FZ-357 cooperate with Win 7

Hello,

a question for probably the old timers out there:

I have an FZ-357 (Rev. B) floppy drive by Chinon made in Malaysia. I want to use said drive in combination with Win 7 to access a double density (DD) floppy disk, in order to get some files from my old Brother LW 35 (electronic typewriter).

Current problem: When I try to access the already formatted floppy, it says it needs to format it and only gives me the option to format into 1.44MB which is of course HD and not DD (720KB).

Reading up on the drive online shows a bunch of conflicting information, but most people claim (in mostly German forums) that the drive is DD by default but can also read HD.

My jumpers are:

DS1

MM

DC

TTL/C-MOS

HQ image of the jumpers (not mine)

The drive with some information

Discussion about setting the drive up for Amiga 1200

There seems to be plenty of documentation about how to get the drive ready for Amiga XYZ, but I can't seem to find any information how to make that drive work with a regular PC and DD floppies.

I checked if the drive might just be dead, but no. It reads HD floppies perfectly fine without any errors.

I might add: Looking inside the drive itself I think I see that pin that catches the hole on the right in order to determine if the inserted floppy is DD or HD. 

I'm assuming that this feature would also be an indicator that the drive does indeed read both - HD and DD floppies.