Need Feedback on my future PC!

MyFartSoTart

I’m building an emulation machine for my dad. He wants it to run old arcade games, but he also wants it to run new games like MK 11 and Street Fighter V. I was just wondering if you have any feedback or suggestions for my planned build. Here is the link.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Thx in advance for the help!

28 minutes ago, MyFartSoTart said:

I’m building an emulation machine for my dad. He wants it to run old arcade games, but he also wants it to run new games like MK 11 and Street Fighter V. I was just wondering if you have any feedback or suggestions for my planned build. Here is the link.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Thx in advance for the help!

The link is missing the slug to your exact list. It just takes you to the pcpartpicker System Builder in general.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

An X47O board is a really odd choice. Get a B550 instead.

A single 4TB SSD is kind of insane here. You don't even need that much storage for what you've described here. I'd get a 500GB M.2 NVMe for a boot drive and then like a 2TB max SATA SSD for storage, but you'd probably be fine with 1TB or just a HDD instead, for much cheaper.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

16 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

An X47O board is a really odd choice. Get a B550 instead.

A single 4TB SSD is kind of insane here. You don't even need that much storage for what you've described here. I'd get a 500GB M.2 NVMe for a boot drive and then like a 2TB max SATA SSD for storage, but you'd probably be fine with 1TB or just a HDD instead, for much cheaper.

Will do, do you think I should just go with a 2tb nvme, as I found one for cheaper than the 2tb sata I had previously chosen. Then I could just buy a sata later if necessary?

if you get a 500gb ssd and 2tb hdd and there it is! planty room for rtx 3070.

$500 for storage is lot of money and believe me you wont be installing all the games to ssd, just primary ones.