CAD$2000 Budget for Upgrade. What Should I Choose?

MACKY

My current build is as follows:

Video card: Gigabyte 1080ti gaming OC

CPU: 8700k

CPU Cooling: Corsair 280mm AIO

Ram: 8g x 4 Corsair Vengence RGB Pro

Main Storage: samsung 970 evo 1tb

Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Hero WiFi

PSU: Major Overkill to the point of shame. EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2

Display:  LG 32GK650F-B

I have CAD$2000 budget for upgrades, but with all these new stuff coming up, I need your help with determining the most optimal arrangement for the budget.

CPU and GPU are both 2 gens behind by the end of September but I understand that they are still very capable hardwares. I just want to have 75+ fps at 1440p or up in Ultra settings when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. Obvious choice would be getting the 3090/3080ti, but what else other than that? 

I don't think you need an upgrade my dude 

1080 ti is still a very good card 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

5 minutes ago, MACKY said:

I have CAD$2000 budget for upgrades, but with all these new stuff coming up, I need your help with determining the most optimal arrangement for the budget.

CPU and GPU are both 2 gens behind by the end of September but I understand that they are still very capable hardwares. I just want to have 75+ fps at 1440p or up in Ultra settings when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. Obvious choice would be getting the 3090/3080ti, but what else other than that? 

Make sure to watercool the 3080/90 that you must buy.  Sell the 1080ti and 8700k on ebay.    Think about a new motherboard and CPU.

9 minutes ago, MACKY said:

I'm also building a new machine for the game, but my current machine is a Haswell based rig with GTX760's in it.

But there's really no telling what the final system requirements for the game will be. They did a good job of optimizing The Witcher 3, and they say they are now in the same phase for Cyberpunk. The system requirements could come wayyyyy down from what we saw last year.

Never-the-less, I'm headed in the same direction, with a 10900k and a 3080 or 3090 for my next ten year build.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

14 minutes ago, MACKY said:

Upgrading the ram, really that's it unless you don't want a new GPU. If you want an alternate suggestion, you could replace your CPU, Motherboard, SSD, and ram to something overkill like the 3950x or the 4950x, but really, you have a really decent rig. I think it's fine as-is, or just with a GPU upgrade. Oh, and the 3080ti is most likely not going to happen. Imo just replace the ram if you want, and get the 3090

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU