What games to get?

JakeGC

Hello. I dont know if i'm posting this in the right section... 

I'm buying my graphics card soon (GTX 770) I just wanted to know what games people recommend or must have games. 

I'm new to PC gaming so it would help to know some good games :)

Games that interest you.

Also, Minecraft, Garry's Mod, Bioshock Infinite, Battlefield 4 (when DICE get their stuff straightened out), Splinter Cell Blacklist (quite good), Assetto Corsa, etc.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Fallout Series

Elder Scrolls Series

Dishonored

Max Payne 3

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Civ V

Left 4 Dead 2

Install Steam, and explore the vast world of PC gaming.

What game type do you prefer by the way?

1st person shooter.

1st person shooter.

Then go for Battlefield games (Origin), Counter Strike, Insurgency, Far Cry 3, Bioshock games, Fallout could be considered a "fps".

/me looks at member title and retreats.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Okay, thanks. Have any of you played DayZ? It looks interesting but I could do with someone's review on it before I buy it.

If you are new to PC gaming I would buy a game you already own on console, just to see the difference between the two. You'll be impressed.

Okay, thanks. Have any of you played DayZ? It looks interesting but I could do with someone's review on it before I buy it.

Dayz was awesome mod and even better as a game its self i would recommend it to you (i thought it was like "state of decay" just multi player)

If you don't know what state of decay is well sir ............god be with you 

I'd say avoid those early games access (beta, alpha games) as it might give you wrong impression... only buy those games if you are willing to be patient with the bugs and wrong settings/configs/code/design decision...

Plus, DayZ is a little slower pace compared to most games. Similar to Rust. They are good games but the pace of the game might turn off some people, though I like Rust better.

Since you like FPS, I'd recommend:-

Battlefield series

FarCry series

Fallout series

Bioshock series

Borderlands 2

Rust

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

If you are new to PC gaming I would buy a game you already own on console, just to see the difference between the two. You'll be impressed.

Yeah do this. But then after playing it on your PC for a good while, launch it up on your console again, and you'll realize the terrible quality you were playing on before.