Build for Blender and creative work

Budget (including currency): 1500-1600€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Blender, Adobe Creative Suite, Unreal Engine

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

no existing parts, monitor needed, planning to buy in September

Hello

I am in need of advice and help regarding my build for creative work - I want to learn sculpting and animation. Programs used will be Blender, Adobe Creative Suite and Unreal Engine. 

Could you please recommend a PSU, GPU and monitor? Also, feel free to correct the parts list. It is not finalized yet. My budget is around 1500-1600€.

Monitor should be IPS and 4K. I was thinking about the AOC U2790PQU 27", what are your thoughts? Would this do the job?

Regarding the PSU, will a 550W be enough or should I go for a 650W?

The one thing I cannot really decide is if I should go for an NVDIA RTX 2070S or AMD Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX 5700 XT 8G OC? I am sort of waiting for the prices to drop after the new releases in September....

What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Go for a 650w if you can, it should give you enough headroom for a GPU and CPU upgrade in the future, like a 3900x class CPU or a xx80 series GPU.

I would say the 2070S, as CUDA has more support in development tools (IIRC).  Would whatever you're doing need more than 16GB of RAM?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

i don't do 3d, but i highly recommend the Ryzen 9 3900X for obvious reason, it has more 4 more cores, which is serious upgrade from 3700X in multithreading tasks, you can stick with 3700X if your budget do not allow that, 3700X is good enough. For PSU, upgrade to 650W or 750W should be plenty for future upgrade.

for GPU, if you're not in a rush, you can wait for RDNA 2 or RTX 3000 series. i think they worth considering. 

20 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Go for a 650w if you can, it should give you enough headroom for a GPU and CPU upgrade in the future, like a 3900x class CPU or a xx80 series GPU.

I would say the 2070S, as CUDA has more support in development tools (IIRC).  Would whatever you're doing need more than 16GB of RAM?

Thanks for the info, I definitely want the build to be future proof so I will go for the 650W.

In my country 2070S is still quite expensive...about 500-600€. The AMD GPU is around 400-450€.

I know CUDA has more support, so I guess I will wait for a price drop.

Regarding the RAM... I think in the beginning it will be enough and later on I will purchase another KIT of 16Gb.

26 minutes ago, VivienMatthews said:

Thanks for the info, I definitely want the build to be future proof so I will go for the 650W.

In my country 2070S is still quite expensive...about 500-600€. The AMD GPU is around 400-450€.

I know CUDA has more support, so I guess I will wait for a price drop.

Regarding the RAM... I think in the beginning it will be enough and later on I will purchase another KIT of 16Gb.

New NVIDIA GPUs are to be announced in 4-5 days, so wait till then and either get the new stuff or get the old stuff that will drop in price!

1 hour ago, alipw said:

i don't do 3d, but i highly recommend the Ryzen 9 3900X for obvious reason, it has more 4 more cores, which is serious upgrade from 3700X in multithreading tasks, you can stick with 3700X if your budget do not allow that, 3700X is good enough. For PSU, upgrade to 650W or 750W should be plenty for future upgrade.

for GPU, if you're not in a rush, you can wait for RDNA 2 or RTX 3000 series. i think they worth considering. 

Unfortunately the Ryzen 9 would not fit my budget...I will wait till mid-December with the GPU.

I need a build that will not disappoint especially in the beginning as I am just starting to learn how to work in Blender and Unreal Engine.

I want a decent beginner/intermediate build for this purpose.

4 hours ago, Samfisher said:

New NVIDIA GPUs are to be announced in 4-5 days, so wait till then and either get the new stuff or get the old stuff that will drop in price!

I will wait, thanks. What do you think of the rest of the components? Do you have any recommendation for the monitor?

3 hours ago, VivienMatthews said:

I will wait, thanks. What do you think of the rest of the components? Do you have any recommendation for the monitor?

Unfortunately I haven't kept up with non-gaming focused monitors.  Just got my Odyssey G7 and it's pretty good so far.  That being said, LTT just released a review on ta LG monitor a few days ago that might suit your needs.  4k, HDR600, IPS and pretty good colour calibrated panel.

18 hours ago, Samfisher said:

Unfortunately I haven't kept up with non-gaming focused monitors.  Just got my Odyssey G7 and it's pretty good so far.  That being said, LTT just released a review on ta LG monitor a few days ago that might suit your needs.  4k, HDR600, IPS and pretty good colour calibrated panel.

Thanks, I will check it out :)

• 3 months later...

My updated parts list with already purchased parts:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard Purchased For €150.00
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive Purchased For €68.00
Storage Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For €48.00
Case Lian Li LANCOOL 215 ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For €74.00
Monitor Asus ProArt Display PA278QV 27.0" 2560x1440 75 Hz Monitor Purchased For €299.00
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 Wireless Laser Mouse Purchased For €99.00
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total €738.00
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-22 10:49 CET+0100  

+ I already have PSU but it is a local manufacturer so I could not find it on PCPartPicker

PSU: 1stCOOL White Storm series 85+ 700W - 50€

Keyboard: Keychron K1 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard (Version 4) - 70€

I need help with deciding which CPU to choose: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X or Ryzen 7 3700X?

Also, RAM recommendations would be great. I know AMD likes fast RAM, so I would go for something that is 3600MHz and CL16 a 16GB KIT.

GPU...well everything is out of stock so I have no idea. I was thinking about AMD Radeon RX 5500XT or 5600XT ?

Thanks in advance.