I don't know where is the memory leak

So i have this problem where the Paged-pool memory would sky rocket after a few hours of leaving my PC open 

and when i use poolmon to find what's taking up this much there isn't really anything that big in there

MY SPECS:
Intel Core i3 8100
8GB DDR4 2400Mhz

NVIDIA GTX 1050

This is my current Paged pool while only having the PC open for an hour
image.png.726906fffadde0fdc05160d0a1918b22.png

here is a screenshot of poolmonX as you can see nothing really showing high usage so help would be appreciated!

image.thumb.png.64832674273c90debaac3aea1898e38b.png

Are you experiencing issues while using the computer? If yes, which? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Its not a memory leak, its paged. The point of the paged pool is to keep hold of files that are being accessed frequently but not needed to be stored in RAM (or cannot be stored in RAM). It keeps this information in a file on your HDD (pagefile.sys) and information that is no longer required does not get deleted, its more efficient to simply overwrite old data with new data.

This means the pagefile can grow to more than it looks like it should but its not a problem since as you discovered, the pagefile is cleared out on every reboot anyway.

Just leave Windows alone to manage its own pagefile, there's no need to interfere.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Well i do experience really serious freezes ingame when the paged pool gets high

But when i reboot the games are fine untill they start to build up again

12 minutes ago, RioPlayz said:

Well i do experience really serious freezes ingame when the paged pool gets high

How do you currently have your page file configured?

Also it seems as though I might be wrong, while the data is not removed from the page file Windows apparently shouldn't show old data in the counter, that counter should be showing how much is currently in use.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

49 minutes ago, RioPlayz said:

Aha! Well that might not be something to do with the page file system, but rather something else. 

Try this 

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1256

I had similar issues, a friend told me that it happens on some configurations (it's a Windows 10™ bug™) and this fixed it completely for me.  

I'm posting my settings in a sec, and don't worry it's made by the same person who made DDU,  it's not a virus or anything lol 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

IMG_20200824_174112.thumb.jpg.c8f65a9aa6229d18f89d694de94bba11.jpg

So since you have 8 gb you should set it to "memory is lower than" 4 gb instead. 

Leave everything else as is don't change the stuff on the right side and make sure it's actually running  so don't close the window with x, just minimize it. 

Not saying this'll 100% help you but there's a high chance it does,  everything you said sounds indeed like your system has a "memory leak".

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, RioPlayz said:

Sounds like you should just get another 8 gbs of ram and call it a day, if not even more. Ram is relatively cheap, so there is no reason for you to be having less than 16 gbs especially if you are playing video games. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Aha! Well that might not be something to do with the page file system, but rather something else. 

Try this 

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1256

I had similar issues, a friend told me that it happens on some configurations (it's a Windows 10™ bug™) and this fixed it completely for me.  

I'm posting my settings in a sec, and don't worry it's made by the same person who made DDU,  it's not a virus or anything lol 

I will surely try this when i get home

39 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

Sounds like you should just get another 8 gbs of ram and call it a day, if not even more. Ram is relatively cheap, so there is no reason for you to be having less than 16 gbs especially if you are playing video games. 

Well i have been thinking of doing so for sometime but i was just looking into this cause all my friends are just fine with 8gigs

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

How do you currently have your page file configured?

Also it seems as though I might be wrong, while the data is not removed from the page file Windows apparently shouldn't show old data in the counter, that counter should be showing how much is currently in use.

I am not sure how i should configure my pagefile

31 minutes ago, RioPlayz said:

Well i have been thinking of doing so for sometime but i was just looking into this cause all my friends are just fine with 8gigs

Is that what they told you? There are some games where you might be able to get away with only 8 gigs assuming you don't have many apps open in the background and you can keep the standby cache memory in check. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

18 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

Is that what they told you? There are some games where you might be able to get away with only 8 gigs assuming you don't have many apps open in the background and you can keep the standby cache memory in check. 

8GB are fine,  especially for many popular games that are usually designed with a toaster as target platform ;)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity