Trying to revisit the Modern warfare series

Lil Chillbil
Go to solution Solved by RelentlessAF,

ugh... it installed more files but I still can't get into mission select it just says "for the record" and then goes into this long drawn out ending cutscene. 

Alright so in the settings make sure "Synchronize with Cloud" is disabled and go to the HDD that has your games so for example C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ Then find the folder for the game. Locate the saved data, and delete it.

So I played thru call of duty 4 the other day and now i'm on modern warfare 2, and the problem is that I can't get to the mission select screen when I launch it from my steam library. It just takes me directly to the ending credits without letting me select a mission. I've tried re-installing over and over with no luck. It seems to remember my settings and I was wondering if somehow I would be able to clear settings since I want to just start from the beginning anyway. 

any help would be appreciated. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

The repair function doesn't work? 

How would one do that?

#KilledMyWife 

right click the game, click properties, go to local files, and click verify.

about as simple as I can put it.

How would one do that?

Right click on the title select properties. Go to files and then click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" another thing you can do is in the settings turn off cloud sync and delete the save file in the games directory.

Right click on the title select properties. Go to files and then click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" another thing you can do is in the settings turn off cloud sync and delete the save file in the games directory.

Ok its in the process of doing that right now 

#KilledMyWife 

Let me know if it works. :D

ugh... it installed more files but I still can't get into mission select it just says "for the record" and then goes into this long drawn out ending cutscene. 

#KilledMyWife 

Alright so in the settings make sure "Synchronize with Cloud" is disabled and go to the HDD that has your games so for example C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ Then find the folder for the game. Locate the saved data, and delete it.

ok will try 

#KilledMyWife 

ok will try 

Also check your My Documents folder. Some games have their save file there. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.