Cant boot from ssd

Ghoulzoid
Go to solution Solved by Quickstrike,

Boot in wondows with your old drive and use disk management to see if windows detect the SSD.
Turn off the machine, unhook the old hard drive until you install windows on the SSD
Start windows install from you usb stick and it should detect the SSD, install windows then you can plug back you old drive (and maybe change the dirve letter with disk management)

2 minutes ago, Ghoulzoid said:

It is detected in uefi+legacy but not uefi 

My mobo is msi b450 

Recently i bought a samsung evo 970 500gb and i installed it ,put windows 10 through an iso file .

Whenever i try to boot with it ,it says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key  .

I cleaned the ssd and changed it from mbr to gpt and reinstalled windows but its coming up with the same issue i changed the bios to uefi from uefi+legacy and i couldnt find the ssd in the boot priorities i dont know if that was anything to do with not being able to boot up from the ssd

I can boot up with ssd in 1st boot priority but its not booting up fast so im assuming its booting from the hardrive instead ,when i boot from just the ssd the error occurs

was it just the iso file or the unpacked iso file

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

You probably don't have a master boot record of your drive so it's not detected a bootable media. Use another pc to make a boot USB media

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

5 minutes ago, Quickstrike said:

You probably don't have a master boot record of your drive so it's not detected a bootable media. Use another pc to make a boot USB media

I already have a usb with iso/windows recovery on it and i can boot up my pc but with my hardrive

1 minute ago, Ghoulzoid said:

I already have a usb with iso/windows recovery on it and i can boot up my pc but with my hardrive

Is your drive detected in BIOS?

What your MOBO model?

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -

So the problem is that windows boots in the hard disk and not in the ssd?

2 minutes ago, Quickstrike said:

Is your drive detected in BIOS?

What your MOBO model?

My mobo is msi b450 

5 minutes ago, Dudeinfire99 said:

So the problem is that windows boots in the hard disk and not in the ssd?

Yes

Boot in wondows with your old drive and use disk management to see if windows detect the SSD.
Turn off the machine, unhook the old hard drive until you install windows on the SSD
Start windows install from you usb stick and it should detect the SSD, install windows then you can plug back you old drive (and maybe change the dirve letter with disk management)

My mobo is msi b450 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Quickstrike said:

unknown.png.19bb822fc36011fca0130f49439c7d24.pngwindows does recognize it

unknown.png.19bb822fc36011fca0130f49439c7d24.pngwindows does recognize it

Then do step 2 and 3... :)

Spoiler

do i need to clean my ssd? so i unplug hard drive then boot from usb and install windows onto the ssd?

do i need to clean my ssd? so i unplug hard drive then boot from usb and install windows onto the ssd?

he means to remove the hard disk temporary so that uefi can only detect ssd as storage, if i'm right?

is it possible to not physically remove the hard drive like disable it through the bios or does it have to be physically removed

3 minutes ago, Dudeinfire99 said:

he means to remove the hard disk temporary so that uefi can only detect ssd as storage, if i'm right?

is it possible to not physically remove the hard drive like disable it through the bios or does it have to be physically removed

6 minutes ago, Quickstrike said:

24 minutes ago, Quickstrike said:

It wont let me install windows on it because  the selected disk is of the gpt partition style what should i do

Switch it the MBR using fdisk

https://www.howtogeek.com/193669/whats-the-difference-between-gpt-and-mbr-when-partitioning-a-drive/

Sorry I took so long to get back... meetings...

Spoiler