Need help using DRAM Calculator

Hello guys,

I never overclocked and I need help with my RAM.

This is my rig:

Ryzen 5 3600

ASUS TUF B450M Plus Gaming

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16

EVGA RTX 2070 Super

Antec EA750G Pro 750W Gold

Win 10 Pro 2004

After looking online on how to fill out the information on this app, these are the "fast" settings it generated:

spacer.png

My current state is that everything is default (I believe everything is set to auto) and my memory is at 3200mhz. I suffer from BSODs every now and then. It weird because I see no pattern but most of the BSODs were caused because of the memory I believe. Setting it at 3200mhz and running Memtest86 returned 0 errors, so now I'm looking to make it stable.

I'm looking for feedback on those settings. Are they good?

Also, when I went to my BIOS to change "VDDCR Soc Voltage", I had to enter a + or - offset. If it's on auto, and it says 1.100, what do I enter in the value? 0.025?

I vaguely recall there’s a tutorial on this somewhere around here.  I can’t seem to find it though.  

I remember people sometimes suggesting throwing just a tiny twitch more voltage into the ram can stabilize memory sometimes.  I don’t know anything about how that works though.  There are people here that do.  Might take a while for someone to run across your post though.  Might take some patience. 

I can tell you that memtest86 can sometimes throw false negatives if the problem is subtle, but it doesn’t really apply to overclocking.  If it’s still crashing occasionally with stock speed memory the old school method for testing ram is to put a single stick in slot one and see if you can get it to crash again. If it doesn’t you put in the other one.  If it doesn’t do it either it’s probably not ram. Could be a PSU or gpu issue for example.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I vaguely recall there’s a tutorial on this somewhere around here.  I can’t seem to find it though.  

I remember people sometimes suggesting throwing just a tiny twitch more voltage into the ram can stabilize memory sometimes.  I don’t know anything about how that works though.  There are people here that do.  Might take a while for someone to run across your post though.  Might take some patience. 

I can tell you that memtest86 can sometimes throw false negatives if the problem is subtle, but it doesn’t really apply to overclocking.  If it’s still crashing occasionally with stock speed memory the old school method for testing ram is to put a single stick in slot one and see if you can get it to crash again. If it doesn’t you put in the other one.  If it doesn’t do it either it’s probably not ram. Could be a PSU or gpu issue for example.  

Gotcha, I wish there was a simpler way to find what's at fault. All of my hardware is less than a year old. Thanks for your suggestion :)