Good docking station for laptop without lightening port

Kd4lif3

I just got an new laptop and its specs are about good enough to replace my desktop. The issue is that I want to keep my monitors and peripherals from the desktop setup. I need a docking station which has display port for my main monitor (144hz gsync), and a second port of any kind for my second monitor. There needs to be about 4 USB A for peripherals. The laptop does not have a lightening port so it will need to be compatible with usb C. The laptop also has a mini display port so that could go into the docking station if that is helpful. Any suggestions? 

kind of need to know what laptop.
UsbC can be anything from USB2 to USB3.1g2

If it’s USB2 you’d have problems.  It would need external power just to power the ports for one.  For another there very well might not be enough bandwidth to do what you want. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

kind of need to know what laptop.
UsbC can be anything from USB2 to USB3.1g2

If it’s USB2 you’d have problems.  It would need external power just to power the ports for one.  For another there very well might not be enough bandwidth to do what you want. 

https://www8.hp.com/ca/en/laptops/product-details/product-specifications/35610552

1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate (DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate (HP Sleep and Charge); 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 Mini DisplayPort™; 1 HDMI 2.0a; 1 RJ-45; 1 AC smart pin; 1

13 minutes ago, Kd4lif3 said:

https://www8.hp.com/ca/en/laptops/product-details/product-specifications/35610552

1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate (DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate (HP Sleep and Charge); 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 Mini DisplayPort™; 1 HDMI 2.0a; 1 RJ-45; 1 AC smart pin; 1

My memory is “super speed” is USB3.0 which makes it pretty easy if that is USB3.  Bunch of stiff on amazon in the $110-150 range that look like they would work.  Probably be more useful for you to poke at that than me.  There were several that would do dual display port from one usb3.  They did tend to have size maximums though.  How much Rez those two monitors have may matter.  I did see things saying they would only do one monitor above 1080p.  Might be a hard limit I don’t know.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.