Google Chromecast 3/Video adapter + Your smartphone + GeForce Now = Game on the cheap?

Igor Vasily

Hello everyone!

Recently I thought about trying a different approach to gaming, especially trying to play some games on my TV but without buying a console. Since I have a laptop, I though to connect the laptop to the TV, but it needs so many cables to run properly without any lag (PSU/HDMI/Needing to have a mouse + keyboard to operate it from distance). 

But, here comes my idea. I know GeForce Now costs around 5-6 euros per month and you can play your games that already own on steam (mostly). Still, they have over 400 games on it, so chances are your favourite games are there (check before buying of course). Now, GeForce Now can be played over your smartphone and also supports XBOX One Controllers (that luckly, you can connect them to your smartphone). Let's say you already own a medium range smartphone and can play on in using GeForce Now (and a stable internet connection, preferably Wi-Fi). Now, you want to connect it to a TV. You can either use an adapter (if you're lucky enough that your phone to support the feature) OR use Google Chromecast 3 and share the screen to your TV. Would this be possible with minimal latency? I know that GFN will have a little latency already being streamed over the internet, but using this method will result into a pleasant gaming experience or just a frustrating one?

Let me know what you think!

this whould probaly result in a bit of lag makeing most game inposable+ these things normaly have some sort of drm makeing it not work for one reson or another

just useng a laptop with an xbox controler would work (make sure your controler has bluetooth. controlers before xbox s don't suport it)

Please excuse my spelling