Laptop using system memory as opposed to dedicated memory in games

Kd4lif3

I just got a new laptop recently and to give it a little performance test I figured I would play some war thunder on it. When I launched the game i got a warning saying that my settings were adjusted because I do not have enough video memory. This is strange because the laptop has a 6gb 1660ti which should be more than enough for the high preset. sure enough the game ran terribly. when I checked task manager It looked like the dedicated gpu was doing work but the memory was not being used. The integrated gpu memory was peaking out however. I have made sure the 1660 ti is the default preference in the nvidia control panel. Any solutions?

Check your NVIDIA control panel (right click on windows) or use GeForce experience to tweak the settings as War Thunder for sure is not using your GPU.

59 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Sorry what? Can you send a screenshot of task manager? What you are describing is physically impossible as the GPU can't access the IGP memory. It seems like that the 1660 ti isn't being assigned for War Thunder.

Capture.PNG.ed1a670357117579d9d44ef835ab8ad2.PNGCapture2.PNG.7f8297d29a9a6b3d0207c88b882f05b8.PNGCapture3.PNG.6cb16ad41ffe01099eb0c79404259f52.PNG

59 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Check your NVIDIA control panel (right click on windows) or use GeForce experience to tweak the settings as War Thunder for sure is not using your GPU.

It is 100% set to use the gpu in control panel.