So I got a Google Glass invite...

Piggy

I just got one in my e-mail today, I was super excited until I realized that it cost $1500 + tax and you have to be 18... 

I was wondering if I even could get a hold of $1500+ dollars should I spend it on Google Glass?

Also, could I sell my explorer code on say eBay or is it bound to my email?

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

CPU: i7 8700k (Delidded)  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti ACX 3.0 Black  |  Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming  |  Case: EVGA Hadron Air    

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz  |  SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB  |  Monitor: ASUS PB287Q

OS: Windows 10  |  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus  |  Headphones: Steelseries Arctis 5

Surface Book 2 15"

CPU: i7 8650U  |  GPU: GTX 1060M  |  RAM: 16GB DDR3

I would not spend it on Google Glass. I would save it towards a car or build a new rig.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

my friend whos 15 got a invite. he can afford it to, trying to convince him itll be cool for 2 hours. you can get much better things for 750$ a hour.....

my friend whos 15 got a invite. he can afford it to, trying to convince him itll be cool for 2 hours. you can get much better things for 750$ a hour.....

How can he afford it he is 15?!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I would not spend it on Google Glass. I would save it towards a car or build a new rig.

I wouldn't but happy 2,000th post lol

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

CPU: i7 8700k (Delidded)  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti ACX 3.0 Black  |  Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming  |  Case: EVGA Hadron Air    

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz  |  SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB  |  Monitor: ASUS PB287Q

OS: Windows 10  |  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus  |  Headphones: Steelseries Arctis 5

Surface Book 2 15"

CPU: i7 8650U  |  GPU: GTX 1060M  |  RAM: 16GB DDR3

I would. It's great for road trippers and travellers like myself. I can't wait for a consumer release of Glass

Question is what would a 15 year old need glass for?

Question is what would a 15 year old need glass for?

Well what does anyone need glass for? I'd much rather take an awesome smartphone or satellite phone instead of a poor screen on my glasses.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

You posted in my thread i believe, this is the kid that would pay 700$ for a computer for convience. who has 2K invested in a macbook that my computer can outperform no problem thats worth 600. 

who also owns a bemer

who makes more then his dad

/jealous as balls

anyway, OP, dont spend it on glass. on craigslist, there was a foxbody mustang with a V8 swap for 1500. that would get you laid. not glass.

photography my friends. photography.

sorry for this but rant time

for 1500$ you can get yourself a 93 car that has 225 horses and 300footpounds of torque and YOU CAN GET TURBOS FOR UNDER A GRAND AND IS SEXY AND LADIES LOVE BOOST.

#foxbodylove

or you know. OP you can get a ballin computer for that money. point is, spend it on something other then glass

Well what does anyone need glass for? I'd much rather take an awesome smartphone or satellite phone instead of a poor screen on my glasses.

On the fly info in foreign places. I go on road trips and vacation around the world regularly and having glass to display info quickly and efficiently is very useful. Grabbing my phone isn't always convenient

Wait I thought only developers got into the google glass thingy? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

nope, its opened up a lot. I.E. 15 year old photographer got in

nope, its opened up a lot. I.E. 15 year old photographer got in

Now if only I had an android device......

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Not necessarily. First round was an applications process last year, now it's a much wider invite process. The cost entry is the true barrier 

Now if only I had an android device......

well! your in luck sure! 2 galaxy s3s that need new displays can come your way:P

guys i think this is a good time to point out my school bought my metal arts teacher one. 

let that sink in

....on that Im going to go, even though I said it three times, unless you have very specific need, dont buy it. unless you can blow 1.5K on something soley for the "cool" factor

Not necessarily. First round was an applications process last year, now it's a much wider invite process. The cost entry is the true barrier 

Is still an application process? 

Spoiler

I wouldn't but happy 2,000th post lol

O yay! I did not even notice! Awesome! And thanks :)

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Not worth it until they drop the price significantly. It's real cool and all but the novelty does not warrant the price.

Not worth it until they drop the price significantly. It's real cool and all but the novelty does not warrant the price.

That's why it isn't a consumer release yet. The high price helps weed out people that just want it to stand out and those want to actually partake in a new concept in tech.If I paid $1500 I would be more invested with its progress and I would do more bug reports to help its development because I paid so much for it.

Personally, I'd buy like 5 Oculi and have a LAN party...

Can't call them Oculi. That's already been trademarked by some firm in Europe ;P

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

I just got one in my e-mail today, I was super excited until I realized that it cost $1500 + tax and you have to be 18... 

I was wondering if I even could get a hold of $1500+ dollars should I spend it on Google Glass?

Also, could I sell my explorer code on say eBay or is it bound to my email?

I have a teacher and a Friend with glass, I think it is sweet but not worth $1500. I have had many opportunities to get glass but at $1500 it is too much for me unless that is the platform that you want to develop and app for then it is a bit more justified, being that is what the explorer edition is partly for is developing. 

You can sell it on eBay, there are a lot of code up, just do a quick search for Google Glass on eBay and you can see what they are going for.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Can't call them Oculi. That's already been trademarked by some firm in Europe ;P

I just called them Oculi.... deal with it.

I could afford two pairs and I'm 14, but I'm not stupid enough to spend my money on something I won't even wear.

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast