Corsair K50 or Stealseries Apex?

masterchunk

I am wondering which one I should buy. They both seem like realy good keyboards but one has to be better right?

-Recommend any other $100 or less

sure you want tactile (or whatever their called) you can also get mechanical ones on that budget 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I know JayzTwoCents has a promo code for 10% off the quickfire series of keyboards, or for that matter, anything in their store.

I'm not giving them my email to see the price, so you could check that yourself: http://www.cmstore-usa.com/quickfire-series/

Code: JAYZ2K14

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

The Apex is a very nice keyboard in terms of build quality, I recently bought one myself.  However I would still recommend a mechanical keyboard such as the Corsair, Ducky or Steelseries 6gv2.

The Apex is quite comfortable to type on but it has a lot of useless crap on it like all the macro keys which only serve to get in the way I feel, there is aesthetic lighting on the side of the keyboard, lighting zones (kinda cool if you REALLY care about it, but I stick with default), and also the software takes up about 120MB memory when idle - so big points loss there for me.  The upside of this is that you can update the firmware on the keyboard when necessary.

I don't know what Ss were thinking after the success of the 6gv2 - I'd rather have seen them develop that product line the way Corsair have been.  Respect for risking something new, but back to the drawing board please.