Low profile keyboards

Jacksongosnell4256

Solid choice, not something i would personally get, i like my RGB lol :)

but yeah, go ahead.

1 hour ago, Jacksongosnell4256 said:

How good are low profile keyboards? I'm thinking about getting the Logitech G815.

G815 is really the only mechanical low profile keyboard. And it's really significantly thinner than other regular keyboards. I just couldn't justify 180€ for it because it was hard for me to find Tactile version with large ENTER key and there was this other thing...

Be aware that 3 preset buttons, Game Mode and multimedia buttons feel so incredibly cheap and awful compared to the rest of the keyboard. I really don't know whose idea at Logitech was to put those nasty mushy cheap rubber buttons on a keyboard that costs almost 200€. Also the scroll wheel for volume is terrible. It's almost free spinning with basically no resistance and sticking out of top of the keyboard. Just brushing against it means it would spin upwards, increasing volume of computer to insanity.

Was the only option for me because I also wanted low profile keyboard, but after touching it inappropriately in person, I just couldn't get myself to pay that much for such low effort. Again, the mechanical keys didn't feel bad, and I was testing the Linear model (but prefer Tactile and now settled on Clicky just because there is more choice...). But the rest around it, my god it felt cheap and nasty. Especially those mentioned rubber buttons. They could easily use hard plastic buttons with click switches and it would feel million times better. But that's Logitech. They always have to cock up some things for no damn reason.

I appeal to you to check it in person if you can. If you'll be fine with nasty rubber buttons and volume wheel, then it's gonna be a cool keyboard for you.

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

G815 is really the only mechanical low profile keyboard.

source? there pretty sure there are more low profile mechs out there, 

cooler master SK series, keychron k1, tecware phantom L, to name some

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

G815 is really the only mechanical low profile keyboard

That's not true at all.

Not true at all to extent that they are not really low profile even though they claim they are (which was the case with some Razer model, low profile keys bolted on ridiculously tall base, negating any benefit from the low profile keys), or they only come in clicky version or they are just entirely unobtainable because they are some elitist niche nonsense. Or they cost 300€ because reasons. G815 is in the realm of obtainability because it's Logitech and even comes in 3 switch type versions.

Sure, I could import it from anywhere. And then have bullshit character set on it. Not entire world uses English you know... Not to mention English works fine on my layout, but not the other way around because we have special characters and having them jacked up on some random keys that are not marked accordingly sucks ass.

17 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Not true at all to extent that they are not really low profile even though they claim they are (which was the case with some Razer model, low profile keys bolted on ridiculously tall base, negating any benefit from the low profile keys), or they only come in clicky version or they are just entirely unobtainable because they are some elitist niche nonsense. Or they cost 300€ because reasons. G815 is in the realm of obtainability because it's Logitech and even comes in 3 switch type versions.

Sure, I could import it from anywhere. And then have bullshit character set on it. Not entire world uses English you know... Not to mention English works fine on my layout, but not the other way around because we have special characters and having them jacked up on some random keys that are not marked accordingly sucks ass.

is this not low profile enough and not cheap enough for you? https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-k1-wireless-mechanical-keyboard

All TKL and that one that isn't has all the keys crammed together. Yuck. Also all wireless. Another yuck.

8 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

All TKL and that one that isn't has all the keys crammed together. Yuck. Also all wireless. Another yuck.

can you reiterate? that keyboard supports a type c connection and does have a full 104 key layout.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e44e29f547d46474213e4320fc63e8d0.png

Spoiler

image.png.e356418581f9b8d539b61c2f2bc80b4b.png

*not to mention they have a hot swappable 75% version soon

Edited by Oswin

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Weird webpage layout... But yeah, apparently they have one. It's still entirely unobtainable in my language tho and that sucks. Using foreign keyboards for my language is terrible. There is some muscle memory on hitting right keys, but when you need characters that you rarely use otherwise it's a nightmare. And I can't stand the stupid small ENTER key which further narrows down my choice as is.

Again, like I said, G815 looks like a cool keyboard if nothing outside of standard keys bothers you because quality of those is really pathetic. And while those rubber buttons won't be pressed as often as other keys, they still feel horrible and on a new they felt like half broken membrane on a regular key. So, I suggested for him to check it out in person.

6 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

It's still entirely unobtainable in my language tho and that sucks. Using foreign keyboards for my language is terrible. There is some muscle memory on hitting right keys, but when you need characters that you rarely use otherwise it's a nightmare. And I can't stand the stupid small ENTER key which further narrows down my choice as is.

Might be completely a non issue for the op.

9 minutes ago, nox_ said:

Might be completely a non issue for the op.

Might be. Then again those rubber buttons and volume wheel on G815 might be a non issue as well. Though I'd frankly rather have Keychron then. We're talking basically 100€ difference there. Can't be that bad in comparison.