My game automatically closes when I play after a few minutes.

Shnxxx

I hope I posted it under the right forum.

Whenever I tried to play NBA2k16 and WATCH_DOGS, they automatically close after a few minutes. My other games like Battle Realms, Warcraft III, DotA Underlords, Little Nightmares, DDLC, did run fine.

They close automatically without any errors. I was worried that maybe my hardware is failing so I tried using Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool (I used it because I don't have any external drive available right now) using extended and 2 passes settings and left it running all night. No errors found.

Also, whenever I tried to play CS: GO, my laptop unplugs itself. It makes a sound that only occurs when it is unplugged. It only happens when I play CS: GO. I even made sure that the charger is plugged properly. It is not loose or what. I even rarely unplug my laptop. I only unplug it whenever I will bring it somewhere far away. 

What could be the problem? 

Here are the specs of my laptop:

Intel i5-825u
nVidia MX150 2GB
8GB DDR3L
1TB SAMSUNG SSD 860 EVO 
Windows 10 2004 (19041.388)

Try reinstalling the GPU drivers, my spare pc with GT710 had BSDs after the 2004 Windows 10 update, it might help. try to verify the game files integrity too. If none of it help try reinstalling the games that crash or even reinstall windows and do it all fresh !

1 minute ago, petarslayer said:

Try reinstalling the GPU drivers, my spare pc with GT710 had BSDs after the 2004 Windows 10 update, it might help. try to verify the game files integrity too.

How did you reinstall your GPU drivers? Did you use DDU?

2 minutes ago, petarslayer said:

If none of it help try reinstalling the games that crash or even reinstall windows and do it all fresh !

I really would like to have a fresh install but I don't have any external drives available right now :/ 

2 minutes ago, Shnxxx said:

How did you reinstall your GPU drivers? Did you use DDU?

Download the latest drivers first from the nvidia website, then boot into safe mode with networking run ddu and then reboot, when back into windows run the installation as fast as you can, then just wait for theme to finish, after its done just reboot the computer and hope that it fixed your issues

24 minutes ago, petarslayer said:

Download the latest drivers first from the nvidia website, then boot into safe mode with networking run ddu and then reboot, when back into windows run the installation as fast as you can, then just wait for theme to finish, after its done just reboot the computer and hope that it fixed your issues

Okay I'll try it now. Thank you for your help

Closing game automatically gone? I'm note sure yet. But I tried to play NBA2k16, it didn't closed itself, but it was only a few minutes. I will try playing it for an hour.

But the unplugging battery thing is still there. Maybe my battery is in bad condition. Should I remove it already? Maybe the reasons that it is unplugging itself is because it can't deliver enough power. I don't know. I'm just guessing.

if you play battle realms you just won 5 points :)

clean the drivers with ddu

get most up todate drivers

also clean the dust will help :)

On 8/13/2020 at 5:55 PM, Xkillerpn said:

if you play battle realms you just won 5 points :)

I love this game. I was happy that it was ported to steam, but at the same time sad because I was hoping for a remaster or better version of it.

On 8/13/2020 at 5:55 PM, Xkillerpn said:

clean the drivers with ddu

get most up todate drivers

also clean the dust will help :)

So heat is one of the factor that my game automatically close?

4 hours ago, Shnxxx said:

I love this game. I was happy that it was ported to steam, but at the same time sad because I was hoping for a remaster or better version of it.

So heat is one of the factor that my game automatically close?

Maybe , cleaning always help.

On 8/15/2020 at 4:54 AM, Xkillerpn said:

Maybe , cleaning always help.

I'll do it maybe tomorrow, I've been busy these days. In case I'm already cleaning it, do I need to re-apply thermal paste? The last time Ire-applied it was October 2019.

Btw, I just wanna ask. Is there a way to remove power limit throttling or is it normal?

I undervolted my laptop for about -0.075V, and with this, my temps are a lot cooler without any trouble for almost a year. But lately I noticed this power limit throttling on XTU. I've always seeing this on XTU for almost 2 months (I think), but ignored it since there were no problem occurs since it popped up. 

Thank you again guys for your time!