IPS Monitor backlight bleed

prasanth_1991
Go to solution Solved by Sahl,
18 minutes ago, prasanth_1991 said:

I'm attaching picture of my monitor screen bleeding. In picture it looks much brighter than normal. Please take a look & please advice me. Should I go for replace or I should keep it ?

IMG_20200812_165940_1.jpg

Hard for me to say. the picture looks "bright" I guess it depends if you are annoyed by the glow and it interfeers with your work/entertainment. If yes, then ask for a replacement. But remember, you might get another monitor with more bleed or one with less.. it is like the lottery, atleast that is my experience.

I do think that it is alot more than I had on mine.

If you search on the issue here at LTT, then you will notice people with much more BB. If you look at another angle does it go away? or stay? IPS glow often only showcase very little for me and only in the sides (like a... hmm grey/silver fog?) Again my advice is that if it annoys you enough to notice it, then get it replaced. I think you should accept atleast a tiny bit of IPS glow, but not too much backlight bleed.

Google examples of IPS glow and you will understand my point and the differences.

Hi all. 3 days back I brought IPS 32 inch 1080p monitor from amazon on prime day for 180$. I noticed that there are backlight bleed on 2 corners. All backlight bleed are visible only when display goes dark. I know backlight bleed is common for IPS panel but how bad is it ? Should I replace it ? The reason why I'm asking because someone said he got replacement but the monitor he got 2nd one was even worst than 1st monitor so I'm scared to replace it. Please suggest me what to do ? Should I replace or should I keep ? I'm working as a graphics designer. Since backlight bleed only visible when screen goes black it's not that much issue for me while I'm working. 

Monitor LG 32MN58H

You would have to provide a picture here for us to see. It is quite normal for IPS to have abit of it, normaly on my own, I never really noticed it unless I really try to focus (a tiny bit on the sides)

Is it like this?

spacer.png

or

spacer.png

Or is it massive?

To me atleast it sounds like "accepable" IPS glow, but to each his own.

I'm attaching picture of my monitor screen bleeding. In picture it looks much brighter than normal. Please take a look & please advice me. Should I go for replace or I should keep it ?

18 minutes ago, prasanth_1991 said:

Hard for me to say. the picture looks "bright" I guess it depends if you are annoyed by the glow and it interfeers with your work/entertainment. If yes, then ask for a replacement. But remember, you might get another monitor with more bleed or one with less.. it is like the lottery, atleast that is my experience.

If you search on the issue here at LTT, then you will notice people with much more BB. If you look at another angle does it go away? or stay? IPS glow often only showcase very little for me and only in the sides (like a... hmm grey/silver fog?) Again my advice is that if it annoys you enough to notice it, then get it replaced. I think you should accept atleast a tiny bit of IPS glow, but not too much backlight bleed.

Google examples of IPS glow and you will understand my point and the differences.

2 hours ago, Sahl said:

Thanks for your response. It doesn't interfeer while I'm working unless I'm working on entire black screen. It looks completely normal until screen goes pitch black. It doesn't bother me either causal use or working design related unless it goes black. Yes you're right if I get replaced by monitor i might even get worst than before that's why I'm really scared to make a replacement.  

Yes when I see from below from another angle it completely disappear but it start appear on other side. It changes when I view from another extreme angle does it means normal ?

6 minutes ago, prasanth_1991 said:

Thanks for your response. It doesn't interfeer while I'm working unless I'm working on entire black screen. It looks completely normal until screen goes pitch black. It doesn't bother me either causal use or working design related unless it goes black. Yes you're right if I get replaced by monitor i might even get worst than before that's why I'm really scared to make a replacement.  

Yes when I see from below from another angle it completely disappear but it start appear on other side. It changes when I view from another extreme angle does it means normal ?

I am by no means any expert on this matter (I just want to help and give my opinion based on experience with my IPS) I don´t have as much BB as you and next to none glow.. but what is normal, that is hard to say.. the first picture I sent you as an example, that I would ask for replacement right away, the secound one... not so sure. You can search for some information about the issue yourself or older threads here. But again I reckon it depends on you personally and how much it annoys... I have my 1440p IPS in repair atm, because of a thrip in the screen (a tiny dot) but it drives me bad.. some people might have not made an RMA and just lived with it.. people are different.

The issue is if it is accepable glow/bb or if it is in such a degree where you would expect better from the product. That is why I sent you the examples, atleast to showcase what I think.

35 minutes ago, Sahl said:

I am by no means any expert on this matter (I just want to help and give my opinion based on experience with my IPS) I don´t have as much BB as you and next to none glow.. but what is normal, that is hard to say.. the first picture I sent you as an example, that I would ask for replacement right away, the secound one... not so sure. You can search for some information about the issue yourself or older threads here. But again I reckon it depends on you personally and how much it annoys... I have my 1440p IPS in repair atm, because of a thrip in the screen (a tiny dot) but it drives me bad.. some people might have not made an RMA and just lived with it.. people are different.

The issue is if it is accepable glow/bb or if it is in such a degree where you would expect better from the product. That is why I sent you the examples, atleast to showcase what I think.

Alright got your advise, thank you so mush. Really appreciated