Recommendations for Headphones and Mic

celerystruct

Hello I would like to buy a pair of head phones and a separate mic. I will mostly use the headphones for movies and music. I play games as well but mostly single player ones. I don't really play anything competitive online or at least not very seriously.

I am in the US and my currency is USD.

I am looking to spend around $200 dollars on the headphones preferably a bit less but if the quality is great I wouldn't mind going a little over. As for the mic I'd like it to be relatively cheap but still decent to good. Maybe under $50.

For head phones I'd like over the ears and I wear glasses so I'd like something that wouldn't hurt my ears after wearing them for a while. I think I'd prefer wireless but if they get too heavy or if I lose quality because they are wireless I can go with cables instead.

Thank you.

What type of music do you listen to? And how so you feel about open back headphones?

5 hours ago, rice guru said:

What type of music do you listen to? And how so you feel about open back headphones?

I like progressive rock, jazz, classical music, and video game music.
And I don't know what open back headphones are. I googled them just now but I'm not sure what benefits they offer. I'm open to them though.

10 hours ago, celerystruct said:

I like progressive rock, jazz, classical music, and video game music.
And I don't know what open back headphones are. I googled them just now but I'm not sure what benefits they offer. I'm open to them though.

The benefits of an open back are generally wider soundstage and a more open accurate sound. The drawbacks are generally less bass and sound leakage coming In and out so basically anti ANC 

3 hours ago, rice guru said:

The benefits of an open back are generally wider soundstage and a more open accurate sound. The drawbacks are generally less bass and sound leakage coming In and out so basically anti ANC 

I'd be fine with it not being able to noise cancel. I'm just going to be using these at home. Do you have any recommendations? Or what to look for when shopping around? Any notable brands?

3 hours ago, celerystruct said:

I'd be fine with it not being able to noise cancel. I'm just going to be using these at home. Do you have any recommendations? Or what to look for when shopping around? Any notable brands?

for your budget I wanna reccomend the sennheiser hd 58x its a great all rounder sounds great for most genres of music and is a great beginner audiophile headphone. if you buy from massdrop with the new user couppon it drops the price down to like $150, and for the other $50 mic wise the samson q2u or snowball ice should be about $50