HDMI to displayport

Notiqbaldaniel

Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I was wondering if I could use a displayport adapter to use it on my monitor because it does not have a displayport output. Would that work or damage my monitor in any way? I'm using a Samsung CF390 24inch monitor. Thanks in advance. All hail Linus.

That monitor seems to only have a single HDMI and VGA input. A passive DisplayPort to HDMI adapter would work just fine. 

4 minutes ago, Notiqbaldaniel said:

I was wondering if I could use a displayport adapter to use it on my monitor because it does not have a displayport output.

I'm assuming you meant to say input?

Would that work or damage my monitor in any way?

No

All hail Linus.

Cringe GIF | Gfycat

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Short answer: yes

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

Just now, Notiqbaldaniel said:

alright thanks boys. Great help!

Remember to mark this as solved by pressing the answered button beneath a reply. 

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.