Eathernet swich on a powerline addapter

Go to solution Solved by acidydragon,

cool that sounds just like what I will be doing just wanted to make sure it wold work as iv never used power line be four.

how is the connection on power line dose it ever lose connection or drop speed with you?

The only connection problems I have, come from my internet itself, not from the powerline adapter. It works just like an Ethernet cord.

Hi guy

This may be a total stupid question but i want to make sure before i go wasting money.  "Can I use a gigabit Ethernet switch off a power-line adapter?"

basically my router is at the other end of the house and I need a wired connection in my living room to connect my cable box, smart TV and consul.

this is what i want to buy

TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 powerline adapter

TP-Link TL-SG1005D 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch

will this work or is their a better solution

again sorry for the stupid question

thanx

Yes, you can.

I have nearly the same setup and it works fine. A Powerline adapter is basically the same as an ethernet cable.

• Primary PC: i7-3770K@4,6GHz | Thermalright Macho | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance@1866MHz | 2x Gigabyte 660ti 3GB@1130MHz | 256 GB Samsung 840 | WD Black 1TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 650W | Zalman Z11
  • Secondary PC: i7-860@3,1GHz | Scythe Katana 3 | ASUS Maximus III Formula P55 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | 2x Zotac GTX 280@650MHz | WD Velociraptor 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 750W | Coolermaster Cosmos S

The powerline adapter you chose doesn't have a Gigabit port. So Gigabit on the switch would be redundant with that powerline adapter... unless you need to transfer stuff directly across the switch.

I run a power line adapter to my room, then through a switch, then to my computer, TV, and Xbox... So it sounds identical to me. Should work fine.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

The powerline adapter you chose doesn't have a Gigabit port. So Gigabit on the switch would be redundant with that powerline adapter... unless you need to transfer stuff directly across the switch.

I just want the gigabit speed switch just in case i need to use it for other situations

I run a power line adapter to my room, then through a switch, then to my computer, TV, and Xbox... So it sounds identical to me. Should work fine.

cool that sounds just like what I will be doing just wanted to make sure it wold work as iv never used power line be four.

how is the connection on power line dose it ever lose connection or drop speed with you?

The only connection problems I have, come from my internet itself, not from the powerline adapter. It works just like an Ethernet cord.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

cool thanx for the help will go and order the stuff right now.