Can you clone/backup windows 10?

I'm thinking of backup/cloning my entire hard drive to an SSD, will that be possible because I am building a new PC with new rigs.

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

Sure. There is a tool called Macrum Reflect.

However, will that affect the Bios and graphics card because I have an old model from asrock and gtx 1060  versus a gigabyte moba and rtx 2060. Also will  I need re-enter serial code for my windows 10?

6 minutes ago, AndresFK said:

I'm thinking of backup/cloning my entire hard drive to an SSD, will that be possible because I am building a new PC with new rigs.

you can use cloning softwares like Aomei Backupper

though it's generally recommended to install a fresh copy of windows after major hardware changes (motherboard changes especially)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

you can use cloning softwares like Aomei Backupper

though it's generally recommended to install a fresh copy of windows after major hardware changes (motherboard changes especially)

I see, I guess I will need to do a lot of changed on my new rigs with windows 10.  thank you so much for letting me knows about the issue.

36 minutes ago, AndresFK said:

will that affect the Bios and graphics card

it wont affect or copy your motherboard's bios settings, that is stored on the bios chip itself

as for GPU, the drivers will be copied over, so u can just plug and play since you're still using an nvidia GPU

though it is not a bad idea to DDU and reinstall the drivers anyways

36 minutes ago, AndresFK said:

will  I need re-enter serial code for my windows 10?

if it's a cloned OS, maybe

windows is funky when it comes to hardware changes, hard to know for certain if you'll need to re-enter the key

34 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Well honestly the best bet is to just copy your important files on a USB and reinstall windows because as @Moonzy said there are driver problems.

it's not that you absolutely will encounter a problem, but having more drivers (even when not in use) allows more chance for bugs to occur

you could probably use it just fine without a reinstall of OS, but it's better to reinstall it to get rid of junks you dont need

30 minutes ago, AndresFK said:

I see, I guess I will need to do a lot of changed on my new rigs with windows 10.  thank you so much for letting me knows about the issue.

remember to save the things you need like chrome bookmarks, software saved presets (like OBS profiles etc etc)

generally you only need to clear the OS drive (C drive for windows PC), the other drives can be unplugged before you install the new OS, and plugged back in after you finished setting up the new PC to avoid accidental deletion or some bugs to occur where windows placed system partition on them (happens often)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately