NVR + Raspberry Pi + Google Drive

BrandonF

Hello, My name is Brandon and I am looking into uploading my security camera footage onto a google drive.

I have only thought of a raspberry pi because of the size and the programming you can do on it.

What I want to do is make the cameras record 24/7 and every 24hrs, it uploads the footage to my google drive.

I am asking for help as I am very new to programming.

Please let me know if this is even possible.

Cameras and system I have: https://www.amazon.com/Expandable-Wireless-Security-Business-Waterproof/dp/B07T8ZDTTP/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=hiseeu+with+screen&qid=1596842277&s=electronics&sr=1-4

Thanks!

It's very possible, but use an external drive instead of the sd card as you'll quickly burn through cheap cards.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Easiest way is to upload every interval. I don't believe you could make were you can view it real time if that's what you're asking. Python would be your friend but it depends a lot on the software. Im sure some video camera programs have features like this built in.

1 hour ago, BrandonF said:

Hello, My name is Brandon and I am looking into uploading my security camera footage onto a google drive.

I have only thought of a raspberry pi because of the size and the programming you can do on it.

What I want to do is make the cameras record 24/7 and every 24hrs, it uploads the footage to my google drive.

I am asking for help as I am very new to programming.

Please let me know if this is even possible.

Cameras and system I have: https://www.amazon.com/Expandable-Wireless-Security-Business-Waterproof/dp/B07T8ZDTTP/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=hiseeu+with+screen&qid=1596842277&s=electronics&sr=1-4

Thanks!

I believe there is software lets you view the footage in real time over wifi

37 minutes ago, Wictorian said:

I believe there is software lets you view the footage in real time over wifi

Not what I want. I can see it live footage but I want the recorded footage to be automatically put into my google drive

3 minutes ago, BrandonF said:

Not what I want. I can see it live footage but I want the recorded footage to be automatically put into my google drive

What are you asking for? The script you'd write?

1 minute ago, Wictorian said:

What are you asking for? The script you'd write?

What would I have to do to be able to do this? I have no idea how I would get the footage from my NVR to the raspberry pi. Raspberry Pi to Google Drive is the simple part

5 minutes ago, BrandonF said:

What would I have to do to be able to do this? I have no idea how I would get the footage from my NVR to the raspberry pi. Raspberry Pi to Google Drive is the simple part

You gotta connect them with some sort of cable depending on your camera