2nd monitor stutters when i game on my 1st monitor

Hello guys, first time posting here. I have an acer 144hz monitor and a samsung 4k monitor. When I play valorant ( happens with other games like apex legends ), my 2nd monitor starts stuttering or buffering. My pc specs are ryzen 3700x, rtx 2070super, 32 gbs of ram. My internet is good with 1gigabit so im just stump. If anyone has a solution that would be awesome. 

Sounds like a cpu bottleneck. But there’s nothing that can be done except running the game in lower settings or turning it off altogether.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

3 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Sounds like a cpu bottleneck. But there’s nothing that can be done except running the game in lower settings or turning it off altogether.

really even with a 3700x its a bottleneck... i thought it would be enough. Thanks though

I think it's a windows bug.

Having two different framerate render contexts on different monitors just doesn't work for some reason.

I had that reproduced with just Facebook open, and the "xy is typing" message.

That little animation using barely any cpu cycles caused the game to lag.

Also 2 video streams can cause each other to lag too.

It's pretty annoying. 

2 hours ago, Imtheknight17 said:

really even with a 3700x its a bottleneck... i thought it would be enough. Thanks though

There’s more to a cpu’s performance than its speed and cores. Windows and applications are pretty bad at distributing tasks across multiple cores. We just recently went from 4 to 8 on the main stream, so software is playing catch up.

There’s also a chance it could be the gpu, but the games you listed are extremely cpu bound.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

25 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

There’s more to a cpu’s performance than its speed and cores. Windows and applications are pretty bad at distributing tasks across multiple cores. We just recently went from 4 to 8 on the main stream, so software is playing catch up.

There’s also a chance it could be the gpu, but the games you listed are extremely cpu bound.

Yea any game that is gpu bound runs smooth and doesnt really affect my 2nd monitor at all. It sucks that windows cant optimize things well. 

4 hours ago, Imtheknight17 said:

Yea any game that is gpu bound runs smooth and doesnt really affect my 2nd monitor at all. It sucks that windows cant optimize things well. 

Try adjusting some setting that are known to be cpu reliant, and setting an fps limit instead of leaving it unlocked.