Case power button not working

Go to solution Solved by Corsair Nick,
52 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

I bought the Carbide Spec-01 on August 5, 2019.. So it's been only a year and the power button is not working properly. Like it works when pushed really hard, one in 12 times.

I've complained to Corsair via email and now currently waiting for their reply.

Any work around till then? Like turning on PC with mouse/keyboard or shorting some wire?? I really cant put it in sleep/hibernate because I've to shut the plug's switch off in night since it has a bright led..

Have you tried reseating the IO plugs just to be sure it's making a good connection?

Support should be able to send out a replacement IO panel to you since it's still under the 2year warranty.  Go ahead and PM me your ticket number, and I'll reach out to our support team to see if I can help push this along for you.

I bought the Carbide Spec-01 on August 5, 2019.. So it's been only a year and the power button is not working properly. Like it works when pushed really hard, one in 12 times.

Any work around till then? Like turning on PC with mouse/keyboard or shorting some wire?? I really cant put it in sleep/hibernate because I've to shut the plug's switch off in night since it has a bright led..

Of course you can short it with screwdriver everytime you want to boot it up. It's probably kinda annoying, though. Afaik, Corsair sells replacement parts on their website. And you could always buy a power button on Amazon or so.

52 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Have you tried reseating the IO plugs just to be sure it's making a good connection?

Support should be able to send out a replacement IO panel to you since it's still under the 2year warranty.  Go ahead and PM me your ticket number, and I'll reach out to our support team to see if I can help push this along for you.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

20 hours ago, startrek03 said:

Of course you can short it with screwdriver everytime you want to boot it up. It's probably kinda annoying, though. Afaik, Corsair sells replacement parts on their website. And you could always buy a power button on Amazon or so.

Can you please give the link? I'm also trying but could not find any till now..

19 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Have you tried reseating the IO plugs just to be sure it's making a good connection

Yep, just checked. Everything is plugged well. I've filled the from for warranty claim on Corsair's website, but they told me to contact another email : Indiaservice@corsair.com which is unresponsive till now :(

20 hours ago, Korben said:

Ah these are really good, but I live in India... So yeah..

Edit:

Nope they're available. But I would still pursue the warranty claim because I don't want to pay a but for something that should be covered by the company under warranty.

Still thanks. Saved it for worst case scenario :)

Edited by Hold-Ma-Beer

On 8/7/2020 at 12:12 AM, Korben said:

Thank you @Korben, my issue is solved. Corsair India arranged replacement in a week. But I got to know that I can buy particular switch from amazon too. I didn't knew that, so thanks man :D