Does a screen calibration tool change the sRGB and Adobe RGB or does it do something else.

I wasn't sure if you buy a screen with 50% sRGB and Adobe RGB and you calibrate it will it change it to 100% or does it change something else. Thanks. 

Color accurate screens have to be changed according to the light in the room.  I’ve heard of people who had screens facing windows needing to calibrate multiple times a day. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

24 minutes ago, Benji said:

It has nothing to do with the colour space itself. What it does is to make the screen display the colours with more accuracy by modifying the OS to change its colour output so that the monitor displays the colours better, closer to how the colour would be perceived in real life, and also to have a more natural gamma and colour temperature (removing a blue tint, for example). But it does not modify the contrast or colour space or anything like that.

Ok. Thank you. I will be going to school for graphic design and was looking at laptops. Saw they had different RGB percentages and didn't know if I could fix them. 

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Color accurate screens have to be changed according to the light in the room.  I’ve heard of people who had screens facing windows needing to calibrate multiple times a day. 

Ok. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, AllTattersNoBrains said:

Ok. Thanks. 

It used to be even a color calibrated screen couldn’t be trusted for print color. It was just for getting a better idea of what one is looking at. You probably won’t actually be using a press in art school but an accurate color calibration can at least be used as a reference so when the prof opens a homework file to look at it if his screen is calibrated too it will at least look similar. For stuff like web design you have basically no control of what the user will see so it can be necessary to make a design that isn’t bothered much by some sort of color cast.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It used to be even a color calibrated screen couldn’t be trusted for print color. It was just for getting a better idea of what one is looking at. You probably won’t actually be using a press in art school but an accurate color calibration can at least be used as a reference so when the prof opens a homework file to look at it if his screen is calibrated too it will at least look similar. For stuff like web design you have basically no control of what the user will see so it can be necessary to make a design that isn’t bothered much by some sort of color cast.

I was interested in web design and that does make sense. I could have the best screen but if the viewer has a crappie one there not going to notice it. 

11 minutes ago, AllTattersNoBrains said:

I was interested in web design and that does make sense. I could have the best screen but if the viewer has a crappie one there not going to notice it. 

More annoyingly there will be multiple viewers and they will have different looking screens.  Particularly if they’re viewing in fluorescent light.  Fluorescent light looks white but it usually isn’t.  It’s often green or pink.  Then there’s incandescent light which is yellow.