Huge internet problems

Ashhez

So I’ve had xfinity for a few years now. A week or so ago we got a speed upgrade because we didn’t want to pay for tv anymore and wanted a small increase in speed. Right before we decided to switch the Internet was very very bad and extremely unstable. Playing valorant and warzone between 250 and 900 ping. I’ve been trying everything possible to fix this but I’m not sure what else I can do. We recently got the new equipment and it is WAY WORSE. I’m just wondering if it’s something that I’m doing or if xfinity just sucks. Our old speeds were around 180-250 Mbps and now they’re around 300 to 350 which is complete bs. It is s almost impossible to play any games and today it was taking me around 10 minutes to load one chrome tab. If anyone knows what could be going on I Could really use some help. The PC specs that I’m  having trouble on are as follows. Ryzen 9 3900x  asus RTX 2080super oc  aorus x570master ( mobo has 2 lan ports a 1 gigabit port and a 2.5 8 have tried both and receive the same outcome) 64 gb of trident z royal @ 3600mhz Thanks for the help!

5 minutes ago, Ashhez said:

So I’ve had xfinity for a few years now. A week or so ago we got a speed upgrade because we didn’t want to pay for tv anymore and wanted a small increase in speed. Right before we decided to switch the Internet was very very bad and extremely unstable. Playing valorant and warzone between 250 and 900 ping. I’ve been trying everything possible to fix this but I’m not sure what else I can do. We recently got the new equipment and it is WAY WORSE. I’m just wondering if it’s something that I’m doing or if xfinity just sucks. Our old speeds were around 180-250 Mbps and now they’re around 300 to 350 which is complete bs. It is s almost impossible to play any games and today it was taking me around 10 minutes to load one chrome tab. If anyone knows what could be going on I Could really use some help. The PC specs that I’m  having trouble on are as follows. Ryzen 9 3900x  asus RTX 2080super oc  aorus x570master ( mobo has 2 lan ports a 1 gigabit port and a 2.5 8 have tried both and receive the same outcome) 64 gb of trident z royal @ 3600mhz Thanks for the help!

run pingplotter, look for packet loss.

Post results (screenshots) here

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Ashhez said:

I have Xfinity and rarely have issues. Of course I also own my own modem, so I dont have to deal with their shitty equipment. But Xfinity is Docsis internet. Meaning its Fiber to the node and a node supports 100-300 people. So if your node becomes over loaded then you have issues. Also Docsis internet works based on Channel bonding. Because its all RF and uses Frequencies of 5 Mhz to 950Mhz, any thing else using those same bands such as Radio, TV, Cellular, etc can effect the signal on the line, mainly if you have a bad wire or connector. 

If you get your speeds all fine, then its most likely an issue somewhere else on their network. OR it could be an overloaded peering point. If you dont get your speeds, then it could be an issue such as interference on your line, or in one of your neighbors homes. It could be an overloaded node. You can check your signal generally by going to 192.168.100.1, generally you can figure out quickly there if you have an issue. Some times the logs also help. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I have Xfinity and rarely have issues. Of course I also own my own modem, so I dont have to deal with their shitty equipment. But Xfinity is Docsis internet. Meaning its Fiber to the node and a node supports 100-300 people. So if your node becomes over loaded then you have issues. Also Docsis internet works based on Channel bonding. Because its all RF and uses Frequencies of 5 Mhz to 950Mhz, any thing else using those same bands such as Radio, TV, Cellular, etc can effect the signal on the line, mainly if you have a bad wire or connector. 

If you get your speeds all fine, then its most likely an issue somewhere else on their network. OR it could be an overloaded peering point. If you dont get your speeds, then it could be an issue such as interference on your line, or in one of your neighbors homes. It could be an overloaded node. You can check your signal generally by going to 192.168.100.1, generally you can figure out quickly there if you have an issue. Some times the logs also help. 

Thanks, One if the weird things that I don’t understand is the fact that I will be playing and I’ll be lagging a ton to the point where it is unplayable and then when I go to check the speeds they are perfectly fine and my ping in game shows 20-40 but I’m still lagging around.

6 hours ago, Ashhez said:

Thanks, One if the weird things that I don’t understand is the fact that I will be playing and I’ll be lagging a ton to the point where it is unplayable and then when I go to check the speeds they are perfectly fine and my ping in game shows 20-40 but I’m still lagging around.

Generally when your lagging and its not an internet issue, you need to start looking at your computer. Check your temps especially. If your getting too warm, then you might be thermal throttling. Also check to make sure no BULL SHIT is running in the background stealing resources from the game. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.