cheap second PC for streaming

Jacksacorn

my current build is this PC with a second ssd and more ram and I am planning to upgrade the gpu and psu but what should I get for the other parts or should I just build a new computer for playing video games? my budget is about 500 dollars.

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

you already have a semi decent rig but AMD ryzen will leave it in the dust. wait two months and just build a new rig and sell this one. buy a next gen nvidia GPU so you can use the NVENC encoder so you don't need a crazy fast CPU for encoding

1 minute ago, gloop said:

Sell you current PC for around $400-$500 and then get a 3600 with a 1660ti/2060 super which will handle streaming fine.

alright wheres a good place to sell PC's

5 minutes ago, Jacksacorn said:

my current build is this PC

i5 8400 and 1050ti should be able to stream 1080p 60fps without an issue using nvenc

all you need is probably another stick of 8gb RAM

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

while that may be true today it's not future proof at all and with the money from this pc + his $500 he can make a really kick - ass system

so should i just spend it all on a new gpu because then I was planning to spend 800 on a gpu but i could spend more like 1300 on a gpu and more ram

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

while that may be true today it's not future proof at all and with the money from this pc + his $500 he can make a really kick - ass system

i really dont wanna advocate on unnecessary spending and contribute to e-waste problem

of course adding $500 dollar to a pc would boost its performance, but why spend that money now and not later when better things can be gotten for $500? unless your pc isnt doing what it needs to be doing

that said, it's up to OP to decide if it's worth an upgrade, all im saying is that his system is still decent for light to moderate games today

4 minutes ago, Jacksacorn said:

so should i just spend it all on a new gpu because then I was planning to spend 800 on a gpu but i could spend more like 1300 on a gpu and more ram

depends on the game you play really

find which component is limiting you and upgrading that particular component is the best way forward

so what games do you play?

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

depends on the game you play really

find which component is limiting you and upgrading that particular component is the best way forward

so what games do you play?

games like hitman 

3 minutes ago, Jacksacorn said:

games like hitman 

im not familiar with hitman(2016), but i found this in youtube

Spoiler

not 1080p, it's 900p and runs around 30fps, fairly GPU limited too, on "max settings"

so you could upgrade to a better GPU for now, or your entire system as @BlueScope819 suggested

why are you looking to upgrade your PC btw? from your title and topic it would suggest that it was meant just to stream games

you could try to stream on your current PC and see how it goes, OBS does take up some CPU cycles, but NVENC handles most of the heavy lifting.

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

im not familiar with hitman(2016), but i found this in youtube

Reveal hidden contents

not 1080p, it's 900p and runs around 30fps, fairly GPU limited too, on "max settings"

so you could upgrade to a better GPU for now, or your entire system as @BlueScope819 suggested

why are you looking to upgrade your PC btw? from your title and topic it would suggest that it was meant just to stream games

you could try to stream on your current PC and see how it goes, OBS does take up some CPU cycles, but NVENC handles most of the heavy lifting.

ok thanks

4 minutes ago, Jacksacorn said:

ok thanks

if you're having issues with streaming you can post it in the forum, we can help you out