Cable management

JugsOfHolyness

I want to manage my cables. Preferably hide them. Drilling into my own furniture is fine; running wires inside the wall is not. Do I buy "race strips"? All-in-one cable management packs from Ikea? Something from Amazon? 

Note that my two entertainment centers in the pix below will soon be replaced by two Ikea Alex dressers and one Ikea Karlby countertop. This will allow me more room, but will also make my lack of cable management more visible, which is why I'm writing this in the first place to seek help in preparation for that.

Spoiler

xyK4OGx.jpg

Spoiler

bZo4vHO.jpg

Spoiler

Uql2Cyg.jpg

48 minutes ago, Caroline said:

That's one huge monitor.

Samsung TV lol

Can't you use only one? there are 3 plugs in a strip but also 5 free outlets in the other, you do the math.

I have a third one hidden away!

Spoiler

q0UCA0V.jpg

The one with 3 things plugged in was originally for my consoles (which I have since sold). Looking at it again yea i don't need it anymore and will squirrel it away now.

There's a school desk in the middle of your room.

I'd keep the big entertainment centre though, put it under the screen with the speakers.

The foldable desk is for extra misc stuff like remote controls to keep em away from my keyboard space. Though since I sold all my consoles, one of my entertainment centers is literally full of empty space I spose I should put the peripherals in there instead.

I am getting an actual PC monitor though (the reason why I bought 2 dressers & the countertop). If I'm using a monitor I have to be up close, and I have an ottoman so entertainment centers have no space underneath for my ottoman.

Speaking of cable managment. Did you watch the spaceX recovery team. Looks like there sitting at rented party tables. Not a cable to be seen. HOW do you cable manage that?

If you have no access to a drill staples or glue, find the route you will not trip over and put the wire there