Upgrade from Moto e5 Play

Computernaut

My current phone is a Motorola Moto e5 Play, and while it has been pretty good (for a phone that cost $120 CAD brand new), it is starting to get a bit sluggish and I'm ready for an upgrade. It seems prudent to spend a little more on this next phone than I did on my e5 Play. I've been looking at getting an LG G6, since I feel that at this price range it would make more sense to get something used. The Moto G6 is also a possibility. What would you people recommend? I don't have a lot of money to spend (I'm 17 and jobless) so don't give me a "budget" recommendation that costs $250 USD.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

So...what is your budget? Seller you're planning to buy from?

13 minutes ago, EL02 said:

So...what is your budget? Seller you're planning to buy from?

I'm not sure. I'm thinking around $120-$200 CAD, but it depends greatly on the phone. If I get something used eBay(.ca) would probably be my best bet, Amazon for anything brand new (preferably).

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

13 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Does Canada have the same CDMA vs GSM network cancer that plagues your southern neighbor?

I'm not sure, could you clarify what the problem is?

14 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Off the bat the best options for brand new from Amazon are the Moto G8 Power Lite and Umidigi A7 Pro

Those look nice, but they're both at the top of my price range so they had better be incredibly good value or something for me to reconcile spending that much. Also (on a more petty note), I haven't yet reconciled myself to notches and the Umidigi phone doesn't look like it has a headphone jack.

If you're not happy with the moto and umidigi, maybe try looking locally?