Temps seem a little off with the ML240 RGB

Hi guys just going to ask here before i contact the seller of the cooler but are these temps normal? Im looking at about 35c on idle and 65c Load on a Ryzen 5 3600 with PBO and Core Boost disabled. whereas my friend using the Wraith Prism cooler he bought from ariapc is getting roughly the same temps. i have the rad top mounted in a gamemax F15 which is known for eccellent airflow. A picture of the AIO in question is shown below. it might be worth mentioning also that the aio sometimes makes a small squirting noise momentarily but i have checked for visible leaks.

116873911_333987290966614_5046635901893913577_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, MrScottishGamer said:

the aio sometimes makes a small squirting noise momentarily

probably air bubble going through the pump

i heard the ML240 from cooler master is a bad AIO, but the temps looks fine so i wouldnt worry about it anyways

as for what temps you're supposed to get, i have no idea

also, you're probably gonna get an earful when people see this

Spoiler

image.png.37438b26de074a0125c5f9bc70b5a5f9.png

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

probably air bubble going through the pump

i heard the ML240 from cooler master is a bad AIO, but the temps looks fine so i wouldnt worry about it anyways

as for what temps you're supposed to get, i have no idea

also, you're gonna get an earful when people see this

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.37438b26de074a0125c5f9bc70b5a5f9.png

Hi thanks for the reply. Yeah im aware it was a cheap aio but nonetheless sureley should be beating out the wraith prism. Also to be fair i don't really mind what people think of the PSU. everyone on here is quick to be the expert on what shit i should be picking even though it's unrelated to the problem. that PSU has done me well for the last 5 years or so through multiple upgrades. tis fine. 

3 minutes ago, MrScottishGamer said:

Yeah im aware it was a cheap aio but nonetheless sureley should be beating out the wraith prism.

the wraith prism is pretty good for a stock cooler tbh, i wouldnt be too surprised

it also depends on ambient temp and case airflow too

but again, your temp looks fine, shouldnt worry too much about it

4 minutes ago, MrScottishGamer said:

Also to be fair i don't really mind what people think of the PSU.

cue the

Spoiler

"i'm surprised it hasn't burn down your house yet"

comments hahaha

but understand that they're just trying to help out, albeit can be harsh sometimes

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

the wraith prism is pretty good for a stock cooler tbh, i wouldnt be too surprised

it also depends on ambient temp and case airflow too

but again, your temp looks fine, shouldnt worry too much about it

cue the

Reveal hidden contents

"i'm surprised it hasn't burn down your house yet"

comments hahaha

but understand that they're just trying to help out, albeit can be harsh sometimes

Yeah i completley understand that and don't get me wrong im not ungrateful for the help. Sometimes though it just seems to be snobbery that there's better more expensive stuff out there. Not everyone has the cash for gold rated stuff lol. again though thanks for the help! i appreciate it :)

16 minutes ago, DutchGuyTom said:

Since those temps are with boost turned off, I assume those are the temps at its base clock of 3.6 GHz. Is that correct? If so, you should check how it holds up with boost turned on. Running something like Prime95 will really push it to the limits.

Also, have you checked fan curve settings? Maybe you can get a bit more out of it by getting those fans to run at higher speeds.

Oh, and before I forget!

I can't believe your house hasn't burned down yet! (jk)

Yeah I pushed it with p95 but I don't recall the actual temp I got to I'll need to run that again, and yeah the temps were recorded at the base clock , I also recall the cooler sounding like it was ready for liftoff after running p95 , and yeah me too  ..... Oh shit I left the chip pan on!