Difference between 5700xt's

yessirski

Is there any significant difference between lets say a sapphire pulse 5700xt vs a sapphire nitro+ 5700xt. I can get the nitro for about 50 canadian dollars more. I dont want to make the same mistake I did buying the 1060 3gb instead of the 6 to save like 70 dollars. So I want to know yall's opinion.

Unlike the 1060 3gb/6gb, the different variants of 5700 XT perform pretty much the same. The more expensive models usually has better cooling and slightly higher boost clocks, but if you don't plan on overclocking then it's honestly not worth going for an expensive model. Sapphire Pulse is generally known to be a good budget variant, also the Gigabyte Gaming OC. I have the MSI MECH OC variant myself and I had to undervolt it to not reach 100c and higher junc temp, so I can't recommend that.

1 minute ago, RonnyDouglas said:

Unlike the 1060 3gb/6gb, the different variants of 5700 XT perform pretty much the same. The more expensive models usually has better cooling and slightly higher boost clocks, but if you don't plan on overclocking then it's honestly not worth going for an expensive model. Sapphire Pulse is generally known to be a good budget variant, also the Gigabyte Gaming OC. I have the MSI MECH OC variant myself and I had to undervolt it to not reach 100c and higher junc temp, so I can't recommend that.

So I basically just get one that is the cheapest and has 3 fans?

2 minutes ago, yessirski said:

So I basically just get one that is the cheapest and has 3 fans?

Pretty much. Like I said, Gigabyte Gaming OC seems to be the budget model to go with. The ASUS models used to have terrible cooling due to some f-ups, they're supposed to be fixed now but they're also way more expensive. PowerColor Red Devil is supposedly one of the best variants but also more expensive.

5 minutes ago, RonnyDouglas said:

Pretty much. Like I said, Gigabyte Gaming OC seems to be the budget model to go with. The ASUS models used to have terrible cooling due to some f-ups, they're supposed to be fixed now but they're also way more expensive. PowerColor Red Devil is supposedly one of the best variants but also more expensive.

Has to be one of these https://www.newegg.ca/p/pl?d=5700xt&N=100007708 4809 4016&name=Desktop+Graphics+Cards  I have to buy refurbished to maximize my budget

Thermals, noise, appearance, warranty.

All of them have shit overclocking headroom and are better served by and undervolt

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Not much performance improvment for the nitro, just 5% for the slightly higher base clock. They have same heat pipes but 3 fans sure do better cooling. Like it's paying more for the cooling, better RGB and a fancier look. 

4 minutes ago, yessirski said:

Its one of these https://www.newegg.ca/p/pl?d=5700xt&N=100007708 4809 4016&name=Desktop+Graphics+Cards  I have to buy refurbished to maximize my budget

Out of those 4 I'd probably go with the Sapphire Nitro+.

EDIT: Nitro+ is supposed to have better cooling than the Gigabyte but it honestly won't matter too much if you don't overclock. Gigabyte is a bit cheaper, but it's not too many dollars more if you want a slightly fancier card.

Edited by RonnyDouglas
changed my mind lol

For reference I have one of if not the cheapest ones, the XFX RAW II, and with an undervolt and a 1950mhz P3 max clock at 1100mhz, with a custom fan curve, GPU temps never go above 75c, memory junction 80c, or hotspot 90c.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Thanks for all the help, I'm gonna sleep on it and make my decision tomorrow.

Yeah its mostly cooler design and features of said cooler.
Backplate, RGB whatever - I think the ASUS STRIX one has two additional 4 pin PWM fan headers on it that can tuned to both CPU and GPU temps which can be handy in a SFF cases.
And of course if its an issue, do note that some 5700 XTs are 2.5 slot cards.

you have like a lot of tests at gamersnexus channel,as I can remember Nitro+ has best VRM and best cooling,lowest GPU temp,and personally I'd go for that card since Sapphire never dissapointed me...Power Color Red Devil is good choice too,as for others I'd avoid them.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.