Minecraft is using all my RAM

Wuselroy

Hello there,

I build myself a new rig a week ago and installed minecraft on it. I added sphax pure bd craft 512 as a texturepack. Not a single mod. The first day all was fine and minecraft used about 2,7gb RAM in taskmanager.

Today i started it again and it took all RAM. Total RAM usage was about 98%.When I look up the process' RAM usage it's about 5,5gb but adding this amount to the 2,5gb in idle would be a total of 8gb(50% total RAM usage). I don't know what happened and all I find when I browse the internet is to change the allocated RAM in the JVM arguments. Nothing changes no matter whether I allocate more or less RAM. When it was running fine the JVM arguments were on default anyway. What should i do?

Sorry for my english I am german .__.

leistung.PNG

prozesse.PNG

idle.PNG

Okay that's a little weird, you can still limit the amount of memory Mincecraft Java Edition uses in the launcher, no?

Edit: actually read your post, you said you tried that. Have you tried restarting Minecraft after changing the memory limit?

ASU

5 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Okay that's a little weird, you can still limit the amount of memory Mincecraft Java Edition uses in the launcher, no?

Edit: actually read your post, you said you tried that. Have you tried restarting Minecraft after changing the memory limit?

Yes i changed the xmx to 1G in the launcher and started it again, same problem. Only thing what changes is the shown RAM when you press F3 in minecraft.

2 minutes ago, Escanor said:

must be one mod that is  broken or memory leak

I don't have mods installed, only a texturepack.

17 minutes ago, Wuselroy said:

Hello there,

I build myself a new rig a week ago and installed minecraft on it. I added sphax pure bd craft 512 as a texturepack. Not a single mod. The first day all was fine and minecraft used about 2,7gb RAM in taskmanager.

Today i started it again and it took all RAM. Total RAM usage was about 98%.When I look up the process' RAM usage it's about 5,5gb but adding this amount to the 2,5gb in idle would be a total of 8gb(50% total RAM usage). I don't know what happened and all I find when I browse the internet is to change the allocated RAM in the JVM arguments. Nothing changes no matter whether I allocate more or less RAM. When it was running fine the JVM arguments were on default anyway. What should i do?

Sorry for my english I am german .__.

leistung.PNG

prozesse.PNG

idle.PNG

First thing you should do is check if there is anything running in the backround thats taking your ram second thing download cpu-z and check if the ram is reporting to the computer right information in your case make sure that it says that there are 16gb of ram third thing open another game and check the ram or programm and check the ram usage these are my tips I dont know if theyll help you but its worth a shot

3 minutes ago, Escanor said:

Tryit without the texture pack ?

Total RAM usage goes down to 5gb (mincraft 2,7). But five days ago it was like that with the texture pack.

Just now, Wuselroy said:

Total RAM usage goes down to 5gb (mincraft 2,7). But five days ago it was like that with the texture pack.

you can also check if the ram sticks are connected right to the dimms because this has happened before to a friend of mine and that was the problem

Also if the minecraft client isnt legit like its cracked or something like that there may be another file that is running with minecraft and doesnt get shown in thw task manager  I suggest you download malwarebytes (the 14 day free trial) and run a scan

5 minutes ago, Wuselroy said:

Did you try removing the texture pack from the client and than check if the ram usage is still high. If it is normal download another texture pack put it in the client and checkthe ram usage again 

44 minutes ago, XM_George said:

Did you try removing the texture pack from the client and than check if the ram usage is still high. If it is normal download another texture pack put it in the client and checkthe ram usage again 

i installed cpu-z and it says there are 16 gb of RAM but DRAM frequenzy is about the half what is set in the BIOS/UEFI don't know whether this is normal or not. I tried Shadow of the Tomb Raider and it uses 1,4 gb total total RAM usage was posted right. Without the texturepack Mincraft usues its 2,7gb , with a different Texturepack total Ram usage is around 9gb idle still 1gb more than it should be (idle 4gb(for some reason my idle is somtimes 4gb sometimes 2,3)+4 gb minecraft =8gb) 

cpuz.PNG

uefi.jpg

Welche Auflösung hat das Texturenpaket? Nimm es einmal raus mal sehen ob es dann besser läuft.

Ich hatte das selbe problem auch einmal. Es war dann ein Virenbefallenes Modpaket. Welches Paket benutzt du?

ich kann auch ein bisschen Deutsch :)

Edited by Fappelzap

1 hour ago, Fappelzap said:

Welche Auflösung hat das Texturenpaket? Nimm es einmal raus mal sehen ob es dann besser läuft.

Ich hatte das selbe problem auch einmal. Es war dann ein Virenbefallenes Modpaket. Welches Paket benutzt du?

ich kann auch ein bisschen Deutsch :)

Es heißt Sphax PureBD Craft und davon das mit der Auflösung 512x512. Ohne Texturenpaket benötigt Minecraft 2,7gb RAM.

default.PNG

default2.PNG

ah ok dass kenn ich zwar nicht aber es braucht weniger ohne das ist merkwürdig, ich bin mir nicht sicher aber es KÖNNTE ein evt. ein Virus sein

ich würde mich einmel darüber Informieren.

LG Fappelzapp

I did a system backup/recovery and tried everything again but it didn't help. I tried the 256x version from the texturepack RAM total is now around 9gb. I'm waiting for a friend to try the 512x because he has 32 gb RAM to compare.

Ok

Ich glaube das ist nicht beffellen da die Cpu nicht deutlich mehr Leistung erbringt aber sicher kann man sich nicht sein du kannst mal gucken ob es mit einem anderen Texurenpaket weniger Ram braucht wenn schon ist das auf jedenfall Komisch