Question about bottlenecks

So,i'll get straight to the point. I am thinking of upgrading my GPU sometimes during next year,anmd I wanted to make sure that my setup won't be bottlenecked.

My setup is:
RTX2060 Super 8 GB(Gigabyte)
Ryzen 7 3700X

16 gb ddr4 ram(XPG?)
Asrock 450m/ac (am4) from AMD

I am considering a 2080 TI(or maybe one of those 3000 series that are coming soon),am I at risk of bottlenecking anything at all?

I am fairly knowledgeable mostly because I follow Linus but I have been out of the PC tech stuff for like 15 years+,so i'm kinda catching back up and don't wanna risk 3k$ for nothing lol

I'm linking a speccy picture for reference just in case.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.28 - 09.03.02.13.png

PS: I have NO idea why speccy tries to tell me I have 4GB when I clearly have 8 GB according to Ghost Recon Wildlands

Without knowing how fast the top of the line consumer Ampere or RDNA2 GPUs will be, we can't tell you exactly how a 3700X will work with them.

A 3700X runs just fine along a 2080Ti, unless you're looking for every last possible frame at 1080p low settings.

1 minute ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

PS: I have NO idea why speccy tries to tell me I have 4GB when I clearly have 8 GB according to Ghost Recon Wildlands

Because Speccy hasn't been updated in ages and therefore is unreliable.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

10 hours ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

,am I at risk of bottlenecking anything at all?

technically, there's always a bottleneck. but in this context. no there will no bottleneck for the most part, at least with the 2080ti, as for ampere, we dont know, but it should not.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Speccy hasn't worked properly for years. Use HWiNFO64.

And you're fine.

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Without knowing how fast the top of the line consumer Ampere or RDNA2 GPUs will be, we can't tell you exactly how a 3700X will work with them.

A 3700X runs just fine along a 2080Ti, unless you're looking for every last possible frame at 1080p low settings.

I would be more than fine with 60 FPS at ultra in 1080p TBH

Just now, 5x5 said:

Speccy hasn't worked properly for years. Use HWiNFO64.

And you're fine.

I have never heard of that one,jesus.. See what I mean now lmfao

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

technically, there's always a bottleneck. but in this context. no there will no bottleneck for the most part, at least with the 2080ti, as for ampere, we dont know, but it should not.

I am very hopeful about the Ampere not causing issues,I know that CPU is pretty solid,but who knows these days

Just now, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

I have never heard of that one,jesus.. See what I mean now lmfao

For Zen 2 - always use HWiNFO 64 or Ryzen Master to track values. Others are unreliable.

And yeah, you're fine. Unless your goal is 500 fps at 1080p low settings in StarCraft, you won't have any issues with a 3700X or even a 3600

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Honestly just for this sole information alone it was worth posting. I was wondering why speccy seemed odd with its system infos..

10 hours ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

,I know that CPU is pretty solid,but who knows these days

technically we dont know what will happen. but imo it should be fine.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

I would be more than fine with 60 FPS at ultra in 1080p TBH

Honestly the 2060 Super already sounds good enough for that, but even if you were to upgrade to 144Hz, a 3700X should still have no problems.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Since I am here,any advices on upgrades? Keeping in mind that I personally am alright with staying in the 1080p 60 FPS on ultra for now. I would maybe consider eventually 1440p though.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.28 - 09.10.46.62.png

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Honestly the 2060 Super already sounds good enough for that, but even if you were to upgrade to 144Hz, a 3700X should still have no problems.

I am interested in upgrading in terms of future proofing to be quite honest. So far that GPU has served me quite well,but i am mostly concerned about Cybperpunk's performances atm.. That and with how Watch Dogs Legion seems to struggle according to Digital Foundry..

4 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

For Zen 2 - always use HWiNFO 64 or Ryzen Master to track values. Others are unreliable.

And yeah, you're fine. Unless your goal is 500 fps at 1080p low settings in StarCraft, you won't have any issues with a 3700X or even a 3600

I just got HWINFO and holy crap this is far more detailed

Just now, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

I am interested in upgrading in terms of future proofing to be quite honest. So far that GPU has served me quite well,but i am mostly concerned about Cybperpunk's performances atm.. That and with how Watch Dogs Legion seems to struggle according to Digital Foundry..

Well, since both titles are unreleased, I think it's safe to say that your best bet is to wait for a while, before pulling the trigger on an upgrade.

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Well, since both titles are unreleased, I think it's safe to say that your best bet is to wait for a while, before pulling the trigger on an upgrade.

Yeah but even so my budget would only allow me the eventual upgrade next year regardless. I am just hoping my setup will be fine for it at at least a mix of high/ultra at 60 fps :(