Interference from GPU?

Villain

I have an Asus Xonar DG and a GTX 780, and for whatever reason when I play games and my GPU is under load I get a slight buzzing noise.

I recorded the buzzing noise with stereo mix: http://audiour.com/lofonf4e

This noise doesn't happen when I am in windows or anything, it specifically happens when my GPU is under load. I also have tried changing their slots to no avail, so if anyone has any possible solution to this I would be grateful.

Is through your headphones? If no then that is coil whine, if yes try using onboard 

It's most likely a capacitor on your GPU that's making the noise under load. If it bothers you contact your Graphics Card manufacturer and see if they'll send you a replacement.

Either that or it could be the fan whining when the GPU is under load.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Sorry I couldn't hear the recording but the way you are describing it sounds like coil whine.

Have you tried it without the Xonar and see if this issue persists?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Hey man,

Is this in your speakers only, or aswell in your speakers as your headphones?

If it's only your speakers, you could try to plug your speakers into another elictrical loop in your house. If that helps, I suspect you are looking at a ground loop problem (which I used to have with my setup).

Greetings,

Stef

The problem is with my headphones as well. The issue only happens with my dedicated soundcard; when I use onboard it isn't a problem. 

My best guess is, the sound card and the gpu are using the same power rail/regulation.

I don't really know what to say, other than use onboard or go external.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

This is a classic example of why many of us are reluctant to recommend an internal sound card when the on-board is not performing properly.

But as T0wer has said, if you don't want to use on-board then your next best option is an external unit, there are few cheap units out there if you don't have cash to splurge.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.