Windows FTP access issues

AidenTheBotLol

Hi,

I am away from home and when I last setup my FTP server it was working with everyone devices just fine so I haven't been messing with it. I got a new laptop for school and my travels and I was trying to get into that server so I could so how well it would work when I am 15 hours away from home. FileZilla works just fine with the server but windows file explorer is having issues and maybe I have just pressed a wrong button... when I connect to the server with the add network folder button it never asks for a username and password like it had with my other installs and there being, I can't access the server like that. Maybe there is something I am doing wrong or if there is an issue with my system

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Update I just tried the same thing with my brothers laptop and he didn't have the same issue

Tried it with my Synology. First time I used the address with a subfolder: ftp://servername/folder.

Although I said "not anonymous" it tried to log in without prompting a password and the synology blocked me (ot better the IP of my computer) for 3 failed login attempts. I think the login attempts happend because the loginname in Windows and on Synology are the same. Or maybe because I already mapped som SMB shares. I unblocked it and I got the same error message as you did.

Then I created a new link without a subfolder, only ftp://servername and it worked instantly.

I guess you don't use a subfolder? 5550 looks like a port to me, does it?

I don't know if this helps at all ...

15 minutes ago, AidenTheBotLol said:

Update I just tried the same thing with my brothers laptop and he didn't have the same issue

So, whats the difference between your brothers laptop and yours? Did you use the same Windows login? Same OS Version? Same ftp user?

1 minute ago, Korben said:

Tried it with my Synology. First time I used the address with a subfolder: ftp://servername/folder.

Although I said "not anonymous" it tried to log in without prompting a password and the synology blocked me (ot better the IP of my computer) for 3 failed login attempts. I think the login attempts happend because the loginname in Windows and on Synology are the same. Or maybe because I already mapped som SMB shares. I unblocked it and I got the same error message as you did.

Then I created a new link without a subfolder, only ftp://servername and it worked instantly.

So, whats the difference between our brothers laptop and yours? Did you use the same Windows login? Same OS Version? Same ftp user?

5550 is the port I chose to use and I am not directly going into a sub folder but thanks for the reply

4 minutes ago, Korben said:

So, whats the difference between your brothers laptop and yours? Did you use the same Windows login? Same OS Version? Same ftp user?

My brothers laptop is a Lenovo Legion gaming laptop while mine is an HP envy X360 we are running the same version of windows and I only have one FTP user to login to and it worked great first try for him when I went and logged in, we aren't the same windows user though I am have my own account (I am trying to update to 2004 from 1909 to see if that help we are both running currently 1909)