Can't fit gpu into case and mobo?

MrAxe
Go to solution Solved by frozensun,

You need to wiggle the card until you get perfect spot for those screws to fit in and screw them onto the chasis.

Wiggle the card to the left...

Everytime I try and put it in it looks like I'm slotting it into the m.2

IMG_20200726_133732.jpg

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case

Looks like you may have removed the wrong PCI slot covers. You've removed 1 and 2 but slot 1 looks to be where the m.2 is so instead try using 2 and 3 for the graphics card

Just now, arc204 said:

Looks like you may have removed the wrong PCI slot covers. You've removed 1 and 2 but slot 1 looks to be where the m.2 is so instead try using 2 and 3 for the graphics card

Got it in but the screws don't line up enough for me to screw it down... Its too far to the right. 

15957675938518332035242366998470.jpg

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case

5 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

Looks like you removed the wrong pcie bracket cover. You need to remove the lower bracket, not the one above the pcie slot.

IMG_20200726_135048.jpg

Make sure to open the lock on the pcie slot before inserting the gpu and that it clicks in when you push the gpu in. If that is done correctly and it still doesn't line up, it's usually because it's a cheap case with thin metal parts that can deform during manufacturing or shipping. Make sure it slots in fine and try pushing the back of the case so the holes line up.

You need to wiggle the card until you get perfect spot for those screws to fit in and screw them onto the chasis.

Wiggle the card to the left...

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.