Would like an advice regarding best SSD for my new PC

Hello,

I am in the process of choosing parts for my new PC, and I came to the stage of choosing a storage disk, an M2 NVME, to be more accurate.
I am building an AMD  570 chipset machine (ryzen 3900x) , and most work tasks on it will be Software Developing and all related activities, like running a Database, Docker containers, other virtualization tasks, etc.

The PC is not intended for gaming, but I do not  want to block myself in the future from that.

I am looking for a nvme ssd to be my boot drive and on which I will be able to perform these tasks.
The motherboard is Asus prime x570-p.

I have come up with 3 SSDs (all 1TB) which I would like to get advice regarding them, and maybe also get some other recommendation:

1. Sabrent Rocket PCIE 3
  2. Samsung pm981a PCIE 3 (I could not find much info about it, except for https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/ssd/client-ssd/MZVLB1T0HBLR-00000-07/)
  3. Corsair mp600 PCIE 4

Now, from what I could understand, theSamsung  pm981a is kind of OEM version for the Samsung EVO 970 plus (I may be totally wrong about it). I do know for sure that it comes it the Samsung Phoenix controller.
So, I am in a dilemma between the Sabrent Rocket and the Samsung pm981a.

I am, of course, prefer to utilize the PCIE 4 capabilities of my motherboard.

Therefore I also consider the Corsair PCIE 4 mp600 (option 3 above). However, I read on the Corsair forum of many users suffering a drop in their sequential write speeds.

Now, I do not perform such tasks on a daily basis, but I am afraid this will impact my regular tasks. I saw that the other main PCIE 4 nvme products out there, like GIGABYTE AORUS, Sabrent 1TB Rocket for PCIE 4, Seagate FireCuda 520 and others, they all reported by users of suffering of similar sequential write speed drops. It was suggested that the blame is the controller which is the same on all of them, Phison E16 (this is just a theory).
Anyway, I am not eager to purchase PCIE 4 ssd like Corsair MP600, only to discover it performs worse than the PCIE 3 variants. (options 1 & 2)

What do you think I should go with, considering my main work type on my PC (the price difference between these 3 I mentioned is not a factor for me in choosing the drive)?
Any other options I should consider maybe (like the Samsung Evo 970 plus itself) ?

Thank you in advance.

I'm happy with my Sabrent Rocket and it is cheaper than the Samsung. I assume the Evo Plus is a bit faster, though, if that matters. I have the 2Tb version, and the cost difference was over $100 to the Evo Plus. If the added cost is worth it - only you can tell. 

BTW, the Sabrent NVMe I have is 5-6 times faster than my SATA SSD. So definitely go NVMe, no matter what. Once you are at NVMe, you probably look at minor differences between models. 

Note the Sabrent also has a little bit cheaper version with a "Q", which is a cheaper cell and doesn't have NVMe. So make sure you get the actual NVMe version. 

I'd wait and get Samsung 980 Pro though. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

I'd wait and get Samsung 980 Pro though. 

Not an option for me as:

1. Can't wait until it will be released as I plan to build my pc in the upcoming 2 weeks.
  2. Based on PCIE 3 drives prices from Samsung, the 980 Pro will not be something I could afford. Maybe in a year , when the price drops.