I have a long story, in need of a short answer

My friend is trying to get into pc gaming with his first pc but ran it by his uncle in order to order the parts. His uncle who has built PCs before, opted to give my friend some of his old parts. It was just a whole pc, complete with a GTX 660 and god knows what cpu. While he did order a MoBo, cpu, ram, gpu, and ssd; his uncle took it upon himself to not order him the case, psu, or hdd. I’m sure his thinking was to use the stuff he previously owned and as infuriating the hdd and psu are we shrugged it off till it came time to build. We got to the end, the very end, just put the gpu in and everything and... the psu didn’t have the right power for it. The gpu is a power color red devil amd 5700xt and needs two 8 pin connectors for power. I’m trying to look up and find him a psu to order but I’m having trouble confirming if it will work. The MoBo is a Asus x570 tuf gaming and so it needs the 8+4 pin for the cpu too. If anybody can link me a psu on either newegg or amazon around 600 watts or higher as well as semi/fully modular that would be awesome!!

Well there is the corsar cx650m budget psu semi modular

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

37 minutes ago, HephMiner said:

The MoBo is a Asus x570 tuf gaming and so it needs the 8+4 pin for the cpu too. If anybody can link me a psu on either newegg or amazon around 600 watts or higher as well as semi/fully modular that would be awesome!!

You do not need the 4 pin and 8 pin. The 8 pin by itself is enough. The 4 pin is used for extreme overclocking.

What is your budget for the psu?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked