need help with mc server

Remote IP should be anything unless you only want a few specific IPs (people) to be able to access it.

Public port start and end should both be 25565, protocol should be TCP/UDP.

Private IP will be the local IP of your server (will start with 192.168).

Private port start and end will be 25565 unless you changed the server to run on another port.

EDIT: This is assuming you want people outside your LAN to be able to play and that you've also set your server firewall properly.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, Zander de beer said:

Its not happy

Quote people so they see your reply even if they click off the page. Little arrow below my post.

Are you sure this is "port forwarding" and not something else? It should allow you to have the same end port as your starting port, effectively only opening that one port. Not sure why it's not.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Quote people so they see your reply even if they click off the page. Little arrow below my post.

Are you sure this is "port forwarding" and not something else? It should allow you to have the same end port as your starting port, effectively only opening that one port. Not sure why it's not.

i used a tutorial on portforward.com to get this 

i used a tutorial on portforward.com to get this 

Can you screenshot all the options/menus in your router?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Can you screenshot all the options/menus in your router?

i ignored things like print server

image.png.af1232813c5da5a36e29652985c96afa.pngimage.png.667608597218ebacca27d11b8b0a7d0e.pngimage.png.bc309f62514f876a6c8b792c6f912778.pngimage.png.4080a52ac4b09ca6f7d5bfb857ef8d3d.png

Can you screenshot "port settings" under advanced?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Can you screenshot "port settings" under advanced?

image.thumb.png.b0ef9b039936b679e42cee5fbc7243d6.png

Ok that's not it.

Can you screenshot "routing" and "redirect"?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Also, what router model is this?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Ok that's not it.

Can you screenshot "routing" and "redirect"?

image.png.bab2ae646021215a54400de3903dfb03.pngimage.thumb.png.a843a983953d47a775c0535472ee16fe.png

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Also, what router model is this?

D-Link DIR-825ACG1

D-Link DIR-825ACG1

Ok so you had the menu right the first time. Not sure why it's not just called "port fowarding", oh well...

Not sure why it's not happy when you start and end ports are the same. If it doesn't let you save it, change the end port to 25566. Try that.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

24 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Ok so you had the menu right the first time. Not sure why it's not just called "port fowarding", oh well...

Not sure why it's not happy when you start and end ports are the same. If it doesn't let you save it, change the end port to 25566. Try that.

image.png.304f8c807ddb3fbe874b7ebb3573f8ea.png

32 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

seems to be working but i have a new problemimage.png.d5fc1265f5ab9b6a18a52bed141993b1.png

Are you running a vanilla MC server? I would recommend changing to Paper if you aren't using it already.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Are you running a vanilla MC server? I would recommend changing to Paper if you aren't using it already.

Vanilla

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I have head of lithium

5 minutes ago, Zander de beer said:

I have head of lithium

Use Paper. So much better than actual Mojang one.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

47 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Use Paper. So much better than actual Mojang one.

I have no idea how to do this, do you know a good tutorial?

37 minutes ago, Zander de beer said:

I have no idea how to do this, do you know a good tutorial?

You just download the paper server and run it with java.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

20 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

You just download the paper server and run it with java.

also my friends are getting this error

971805_WhatsAppImage2020-07-23at4_18_38PM.thumb.jpeg.96bae48e6485bf34dff905f2f5a64988.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Zander de beer said:

also my friends are getting this error

Is your port forwarding and server firewall set properly?

Also I recommend against doing this on Windows, you should really be doing it on a CLI-only Linux distro like Ubuntu Server or something to get the most stability and performance. It's not hard to do an MC server on that, in my experience it's actually a lot easier than on Windows.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈