ryzen 4900x/4950x vs 11900k

11 hours ago, ForFour said:

I feel like I explained myself badly so I'll try to explain myself a bit better. Like I did with the i7 4770k which at the time was bad in terms of just gaming, I want to buy whatever will last me the longest, hopefully until the thing physically dies. With the 4000 series that was the 4770k and even though gaming is the only thing it was used for, seeing the gamers nexus benchmark comparisons between the 4690k and 4790k I would say I made the right choice. 

For that goal I figured the best path for me to upgrade would be to get a current gen motherboard with a cheap stopgap CPU. Then once the last generation that the motherboard supports releases, I'd buy whatever is going to give me the best performace 4-5+ years down the line. 

Performance being equal, power draw will be the deciding factor because the summer season unfortunately does exist.

Ok, here's the thing, I never asked you to, nor do I expect anyone to look into the future to tell me exact benchmarks or whatever. 

What I really was hoping to get out of this, was that someone has compiled and done some analysis on past release data from which that person could then make educated predictions as to what was going to happen. For example something like "11th gen will still be on 14nm, from looking at past data, since this is a generational improvement without architectural change you can generally expect a _-_% increase in performance with the most it's ever been in the last _ years has been _%" . 

Basically, I am lazy and was hoping someone did this so I wouldn't have to.

Why do you think I was getting mad? I am always legitimately always curious about stuff like that.

Secondly, that was not at all the question I asked and while I am open to actual arguments as to why something might be better, that was not what he did

7th gen through 10th gen is the same, but more cores, better thermals, slightly more frequency, and built-in security mitigations.

Ryzen still can't match Intel gaming performance when GPU unlimited, mainly because ringbus is faster than IF at lower core counts.

4th gen seems to likely fix some of this and come out on top. Intel's 11th gen will cost more and won't be out for some time.

As it stands, unless you are GPU unlimited Ryzen generally is the best value and 4th gen is likely to continue that trend.

HTH

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x