Any good cheap pc fans?

Yashiees
On 7/18/2020 at 6:46 PM, Bombastinator said:

You may be correct.  B550 is potentially more upgradable than b450.  It becomes a question of future usability.  B550 has very little in the way of “useful right now” features outside of a few ports, and it tends to cost more.  A value judgement for the OP. 

Bright side m.2 still does little for gaming.  A big SATA main drive can be used as a storage drive later if things change.

i can speak generally about fan cheapness.  

sleeve bearing fans work reasonably well and are cheap and extremely quiet (until they wear).  They have a major achellies heel though:  if they are face either up or down they wear out really fast.

One bearing fans (example AMD cooler stock fans) are louder than sleeve and wear out generally faster.  They can be put in a single up or down orientation according to their design but not both

two bearing fans are like one bearing fans but have a bearing at both ends.  A cheap solution for up/down stuff

3 bearing fans work differently than one or two. They have 3 bearings in a triangle in the center. They are expensive and pretty long life.  They’re not very quiet even when new though.  Generally only industrial fans have this system. Mostly replaced by modified rifle.

rifle and modified rifle:

a sleeve bearing fan with a spiral groove cut in the sleeve to distribute lubricant.  Modified rifle has microscopic ridges on the barrel as well to distribute lubricant more.  Most expensive fans are variants of this type.  Long lasting, quiet, and can be put in any orientation.

enlobal/magnetic/maglev

no lubricant or bearings at all because the spindle is magnetically levitated so it doesn’t touch anything.  Longest lasting and Most expensive.  For one thing they must be very very carefully balanced. 

My general suggestion would be to look at arctic cooling.  They do cheap and their LLS bearing is a modified rifle bearing.  Failing that sleeve for vertical mount case fans and 2bearing for top or bottom.

I've chosen these fans. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCTIC-F12-PWM-PST-Technology/dp/B00NTUJRHK/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=arctic%2Bfan%2Bcooler&qid=1595249524&sr=8-7&th=1 

(3 of them)

1 hour ago, narrdarr said:

Did you mean 3x5pack?

nono, like Ive chosen 3 sep (I dont need an extra 2 fans so i didn't go for the 5pack)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 2:52 PM, narrdarr said:

Did you mean 3x5pack?

Why does uk not ship to us? I would of bought the pack instead of 1