Kernel Power Critical Error in Event Viewer

27 minutes ago, Syn. said:

The TX550M would be a great choice, and the PSU might have had a defect from factory if it's only 2 months old I'm not sure

Here's a review from Amazon for the PSU, it seems like you're not the only one that dealt with this:

Oh I've had the PSU for almost 3 years now. The 980 Ti I've had for 2 months. So according to that review, I'm lucky to have gotten so much use out of this. Also, when gaming I had a custom fan curve for the 980 Ti to keep the temps down, I can't recall whether or not I had it overvolted too (without any changes made to core and mem clocks). Either way, it seems I'll just order myself a PSU. Will report back if it helps anything.

On 7/18/2020 at 2:16 PM, Syn. said:

The TX550M would be a great choice, and the PSU might have had a defect from factory if it's only 2 months old I'm not sure

Here's a review from Amazon for the PSU, it seems like you're not the only one that dealt with this:

So it wasn't the power supply that was the problem. The issue still persists. Managed to sell my current PSU so I will keep the new one anyway. Looking at buying an RX 580 8GB now to replace the 980ti.

33 minutes ago, alanp1995 said:

So it wasn't the power supply that was the problem. The issue still persists. Managed to sell my current PSU so I will keep the new one anyway. Looking at buying an RX 580 8GB now to replace the 980ti.

Oh that's a bummer, have you checked your voltages to see if everything is alright? it might be a motherboard issue if you're still getting severe voltage drops

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

36 minutes ago, alanp1995 said:

Looking at buying an RX 580 8GB now to replace the 980ti.

Depending on the pricing in your country the GTX 1660 Super would be a better choice, it's much faster than an RX 580 with an MSRP of 230$

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

On 7/24/2020 at 5:32 PM, Syn. said:

Depending on the pricing in your country the GTX 1660 Super would be a better choice, it's much faster than an RX 580 with an MSRP of 230$

I checked around for used cards, of course the 1660 super stood out, but I've since decided to go for a 1060 which I picked up for less than $150. The 1660 super retails for minimum $240 with prices up to $375 in my country.

On 7/24/2020 at 5:29 PM, Syn. said:

Oh that's a bummer, have you checked your voltages to see if everything is alright? it might be a motherboard issue if you're still getting severe voltage drops

I checked the voltages and everything seems perfect PSU wise.