Do VRAM, Capacitor thermal pads matter?

Hello.

I am planning to repaste my Helios 300 Ph315-52 (GTX 1660ti, i7 9750H). I'll also be changing the thermal pads if they're damaged. I was just wondering if the quality of VRAM/Capacitors etc thermal pads really matter if I'm using a good paste(Kryonaut) for the CPU and GPU dies. Will any generic thermal pad (1.2W/mK~2.0W/mK) just do fine or should I go for the branded expensive ones? Will it ave any effect on performance of the laptop? 

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Shantanuthankr1 said:

Hello.

I am planning to repaste my Helios 300 Ph315-52 (GTX 1660ti, i7 9750H). I'll also be changing the thermal pads if they're damaged. I was just wondering if the quality of VRAM/Capacitors etc thermal pads really matter if I'm using a good paste(Kryonaut) for the CPU and GPU dies. Will any generic thermal pad (1.2W/mK~2.0W/mK) just do fine or should I go for the branded expensive ones? Will it ave any effect on performance of the laptop? 

Thank you.

My view is you're better off getting better quality vs risking components. Think of it as a PSU, you're better off getting a PSU that's too big vs too small or only 20W over your components ratings. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

5 minutes ago, Shantanuthankr1 said:

Hello.

Thank you.

You need the exact same thickness as the originals and, preferably, the same thermal conductivity as heat is conducted both ways so while the components offload heat to the heatpipes, heatpipes will also offload heat to the power delivery components when they get hotter than the VRMs.