Dell laptop Battery issue

Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,

Smells to me of hardware unless you set some funky setting.  Machine is modern.  Is it still under warranty?

Today when I opened my laptop (Inspiron 5590 series)

the orange light started blinking which usually happens when the battery is low, inspite being fully charged. Also, when I try to disconnect the charger from the laptop, it suddenly powers of and won't turn on until its plugged in again. Can anyone help me sort out this issue please.

IMG_20200717_080911.jpg

IMG_20200717_080848.jpg

Smells to me of hardware unless you set some funky setting.  Machine is modern.  Is it still under warranty?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Warranty just expired a couple of months ago 😣

Looks like I'll have to go to the service center after all..

5 hours ago, UtkB said:

Warranty just expired a couple of months ago 😣

Looks like I'll have to go to the service center after all..

Might possibly not be.  Dell is dell and laptops are laptops so more possible platform  Specific switch possibilities.  I can’t think of a standard win10 switch that would do this ( doesn’t mean there isn’t one) Didn’t see anything in faqs for the model though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.