FPS gradually lowers for no apparent reason.

Hey everyone! I'm quite new to PC gaming. It's only been a few months since I've gotten my brand new PC. It'd been running great! Until yesterday that is..
I got on to play some DOOM (2016). I got into the game. Keep in mind, before this I had the game running at pretty decent graphic settings and a 75 FPS lock. I played for about 1 minute and then all of a sudden, my FPS dipped. All the way to 30. Weird, maybe its rendering something. However, my FPS kept gradually lowering. Eventually, I dipped to 9 FPS and then just stayed there. I made sure I had no programs running. I thought maybe I needed to restart my PC. I did just that and boom. Still sunk to 9 FPS after 1 minute of playing. I tried running other games and to my surprise, all my games had this issue. They start off like normal at great framerates and then it gradually sinks to 9 FPS and stays there. Some people said it's malware, so I ran some Malwarebytes tests, and nothing. Dust? None in the PC at all. Overheating? Not at all. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this. I'm quite worried, especially since this came out of the blue.

Some Graphics cards will start off with a high boost. As they warm up, the boost clocks start lowering to maintain a good temp. Perhaps that's what your issue is possibly.

By the way. What are the system specs??

assuming its an nvidia card, if its amd please ignore the green with envy part.

use afterburner and change your fancurve, or if on linux, mangohud + green with envy to check for downclocking, and in driver settings make sure its set to maximum performance. could be a powersaving thing. try taskmanager to make sure no igpu is being swapped to as well. 9fps consistant sounds like an igpu. i am kinda taking a shot in the dark here so if youre using something like a threadripper that lacks an igpu, sorry. 

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

34 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Some Graphics cards will start off with a high boost. As they warm up, the boost clocks start lowering to maintain a good temp. Perhaps that's what your issue is possibly.

By the way. What are the system specs??

CPU: Intel Core i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 1650

RAM: 8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1329MHz

29 minutes ago, Snowarch said:

assuming its an nvidia card, if its amd please ignore the green with envy part.

use afterburner and change your fancurve, or if on linux, mangohud + green with envy to check for downclocking, and in driver settings make sure its set to maximum performance. could be a powersaving thing. try taskmanager to make sure no igpu is being swapped to as well. 9fps consistant sounds like an igpu. i am kinda taking a shot in the dark here so if youre using something like a threadripper that lacks an igpu, sorry. 

Gonna try that. Thanks!