Dual boot with windows fast startup turned on

Go to solution Solved by KaasKop-,
1 hour ago, plus said:

Filesystems were a bigger issue years ago, but you should still avoid mounting Windows' NTFS volumes from Linux r/w while they are not cleanly unmounted by Windows.

Some devices may stop working or disappear in pci enumeration, after switching from fastboot Windows to Linux. Some Intel/Realtek onboard sound cards are a current example.

But it won't explode immediately ;)

you can actually issue a ntfs command and it takes care of windows unmounting in order to use the disk as you want. Used it multiple times when a customers laptop wouldnt boot but wanted some files off of it, but windows held it hostage.

But to answer your question, yes you can use fast startup but in my experience if you have an ssd, its a negligible difference.

If I install a Linux distro and then went back to windows and turn on the  "fast startup" option.

Can I still shutdown my computer and boot into Linux safely?

Filesystems were a bigger issue years ago, but you should still avoid mounting Windows' NTFS volumes from Linux r/w while they are not cleanly unmounted by Windows.

Some devices may stop working or disappear in pci enumeration, after switching from fastboot Windows to Linux. Some Intel/Realtek onboard sound cards are a current example.

1 hour ago, plus said:

you can actually issue a ntfs command and it takes care of windows unmounting in order to use the disk as you want. Used it multiple times when a customers laptop wouldnt boot but wanted some files off of it, but windows held it hostage.

But to answer your question, yes you can use fast startup but in my experience if you have an ssd, its a negligible difference.

So according to plus it will slowly kill the pc?

But I it can be done

And what is pci enumeration?