BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Cornbred

I recently decided to do the bare bones overclocking for my parts, using only the AI Overclock for the CPU and enabling the XMP profile. After a day of troubleshooting the RAM issues, I found that 4x8 sticks just weren't going to run in XMP, so I removed two sticks for now.  Enabled XMP again and ran without issues for three days.  Today I started getting random BSOD's that all seemed to point at RAM items. After running driver updates, uninstalling programs that crashed and running the CHKDSK and SFC scans I still go the issues.  I swapped between the 2 sets of ram and ran mem tests with 0 issues, but I'm still getting UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP consistently. The computer runs fine for 15min to 2 hours and then crashes, so the timing is not consistent.  I even maxed out the ram as much as possible and could not force the issue. Any ideas?

Specs:

i9-9900k, no OC atm

2x8 TridentZ Royal, xmp disabled running stocks speeds

ASUS Prime Z390-a

1000W Corsair RMx

I have a computer with similar specs and did the same exact things. here are some of the things I did to fix it

1 reset cmos (even without oc it still fixes issues because it retrains ram)

2 try and see which specific sticks could be causing issues by using one at a time

3 try other ram if available

It looks like you have a bad motherboard, something gotta be wrong with the memory traces, or CPU mount.

Can you reseat you CPU ?

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

1 minute ago, Void Master said:

It looks like you have a bad motherboard, something gotta be wrong with the memory traces, or CPU mount.

Can you reseat you CPU ?

yes the mother board had come up a few times when I researched it for my computer

I should also probably say that replacing the mobo is what solved my issue but the options above are still worth a try

@Void Master I have doubts that the issue with with the CPU. It's been seated for almost a year without issue and the case hasn't been moved since November.  But I'm always down to try it out if the other items don't fix the issues. Issues with the Mobo have been in the back of my mind since I started the ram testing on Sunday though.

@Nick Neuburg definitely not what I want to hear, but at least its one of the cheaper parts to replace.

I actually just got in two sticks of faster memory right after posting this.  They weren't supposed to come in for a few more days.  I'm going to give them a try first, then the CMOS if I'm still having issues. Then CPU and lastly new mobo if it comes down to it. Sucks because the white matches so perfectly with everything.