Crazy Ideas For Tt And Asus Cpu Coolers

CatCloud

So i was strolling the web and found two CPU coolers that i might actualy considering buying.

Asus Royal Knight and ThermalTake SpinQ (and the VT version)

They are so damn sexy i dont know what to say, Anyone know how well they perform VS more modern CPU coolers? or where to buy them`?
Might actualy not use them on my CPU because i dont think they will fit in my Prodigy or even on a 1155 socket MB but i still whant them :D
Actualy i might instal them on my 1366 MB because its older and the chassi  (CM Stacker 832) has more space without doing anything crazy with them (read below)

Things i cannot find information on and pondering over:
1:Where to buy
2:Peformance/Cooling/Sound
3:Can CPU coolers be modded? (painting, Cut and soldering on a more modern plate from other CPU coolers to fit more modern Sockets.
4:Can they be used for other type of cooling? dont have to work perfectly in this case but maybe they could aid airflow somehow and look badass at the same time.

I dont mind buying broken ones because i might end up breaking them myself just to make my Chassi look Mad on the inside.

I got so many ideas for this CPU coolers i dont know wich one to try if i can get my hands on them.

No im not joking about this idea incase your wondering!!

1) http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-CL-P0466-Copper-Heatpipe-Univrsal/dp/B001KARQXI

from what i can tell no one has the Asus Royal Knight

3) yes but you probly shouldnt {how good are you in an engineering/shop type place}, dont paint the fins or fan.

4) not sure what you mean theres conduction and phase change there the main way we cool pc parts

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

1) http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-CL-P0466-Copper-Heatpipe-Univrsal/dp/B001KARQXI

from what i can tell no one has the Asus Royal Knight

3) yes but you probly shouldnt {how good are you in an engineering/shop type place}, dont paint the fins or fan.

4) not sure what you mean theres conduction and phase change there the main way we cool pc parts

1:oh you actualy found one, Awsome! too bad about the Asus RK

2:yeah i wasnt going to paint the fan, more like the heatpipes, i know abit about soldering but iv never done it on Computer Hardware befor thus im asking. i might check at a store i know for very very old and cheap cpu coolers for 5-15 bucks and practice just incase.

4: hmm yeah thats true, Guess ill play around with my thoughts first and se if what i can come up with befor i actualy do anything.

More information is welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

According to this website 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23&products_id=13996&zenid=3311280d224692014f4c4b769f4bd249

The Tt spinQ is compatible with 1155 as well as 1366 and all other major sockets. Not sure if it will be available on Haswell. I am thinking about this cooler as well. Looks ballin'

I5-4670k @ 4.2ghz With Thermaltake C5 Push/Pull | 8Gb G.Skill Trident series @1600mhz Msi Z87A-G45 Gaming Edition | ASUS GTX 770 GPU | Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 750W | Samsung 840pro 128gb SSD | WD Green 2Tb |  2X 23" Philips M4238C1CWWT (IPS & Thin Bezel) Monitors