Gears 4 oddly high CPU usage

Hey guys,

Been having trouble with super bad CPU performance in Gears of War 4 and was wondering if anyone can recommend anything to try and fix it. Had previously played the game for about 3 hours over the past couple of days with no issues and able to play at around 30-40 fps with medium - high settings and being bottle necked by the GPU. However when playing today I noticed the fps was awful like dips to below 20. So I put everything to the lowest settings and still the same. Doing an in game benchmark I notice that the CPU [render] was the bottleneck and seems to be much lower than the CPU [game] (Not sure what the different to these are). I also ran afterburner during the benchmark and didn't see any of the cores for the cpu go above 70% and most were sitting at about 50% with the gpu usage also at about 50% for the whole run.

I've tried a few other games and they all appear to be working normally. I have recently done a bios update for my laptop but have played the game after this before and it was fine and can't think of any other changes that I have done since the last time I played the game. Might also be worth mentioning that I'm playing this on Game Pass which I understand is still in Beta. 

I've tried the old turn her off and on again a few times with no luck and want to try and avoid uninstalling and reinstalling as the game is like 100gb+ and with my internet took an age to download. 

I've attached an image of the benchmark for more information including some of my system specs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and please do ask if you want further information on anything or I've done anything wrong as this is my first time using the forum.

Thanks!

1177049978_Gearslowfps.thumb.png.9a849704706b91a24ba03bd8878d772b.png