Issues trying to install ubuntu

Ive been trying to install ubuntu on my pc, but i seem to be running into some issues. I have tried all the instructions on the ubuntu website on creating a bootable usb drive. I have used rufus to create the boot drive. When i go to boot off of the drive it just takes me straight to the bios. Can anyone help?

Mine is f8 to select the drive i want to boot off of, but the problem is when i select the drive with the ubuntu installation files, it just goes black for a minute than immediately goes into the bios

I have tried changing the settings in the bios were i tried to force the usb as the only boot drive

Sorry about the late response guys, I figured out the problem. Just a word of caution, don't use Fujifilm flash drives to install Ubuntu. For some reason it just flat out don't work. I actually bricked the one i had and it was brand new. So I used an old sandisk Cruzer I had and it worked on the very first try. I followed the sames steps I tried on the Fujifilm, I just dont know why it wouldnt work.

7 hours ago, Dub7030 said:

Sorry about the late response guys, I figured out the problem. Just a word of caution, don't use Fujifilm flash drives to install Ubuntu. For some reason it just flat out don't work. I actually bricked the one i had and it was brand new. So I used an old sandisk Cruzer I had and it worked on the very first try. I followed the sames steps I tried on the Fujifilm, I just dont know why it wouldnt work.

Did the flash drive go into a read only state? If that's the case, it means there was something wrong with the flash drive itself and it was flagged into a permanent read only mode so you can recover data from it. It's fairly common with cheaper flash drives. I have a few like this that were only used a couple times.

It actually broke the flash drive, when I plug it into the computer it doesnt even register that it has been plugged. The light on the drive just continuously flickers. That darn thing costed like $20, because its the only thumb drives in the area.